Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 08:02 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,752,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Her mentioning African American while on the phone wasn't inherently troubling to me. Looked at alone, it could just be a descriptor for the police.

But we know she was doing more than just providing a description as she mentioned that even before she called the police. Indeed, she mentioned "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life" before dialing 911. Seriously, what did the man being an "African American" man have to do with anything at that point She is a mess. I'm glad she was fired from her job. And I'm glad that more people are recording and releasing videos like this to social media. Even where racism does not play a role, these videos and the threat of these videos being made will hopefully make more people behave when out and about.
Because the operator hears she is white and the cops would likely rush to the scene after hearing he is black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 08:02 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I've said it for years. As a conservative, NYC native of the boroughs we all know who the real racists are in this city. It's the white transient liberal.

Ya know, the type that grew up in lily white Ohio, watched Friends/Seinfeld on TV in the 90s dreaming of moving to NYC, got caught up in the Obama hype of the 2000s, was indoctrinated in college to believe white people are bad (hint hint...white conservatives)...then moves to NYC to experience "culture" at a distance! Yes, at a distance.

As long as said white liberal doesn't have to live or work near illegals, minorities, white ethnic NYC native conservatives (the Irish/Italians/Germans/Greeks)...they are happy and feel they are a perfectly integrated member of society.

We all know the truth. Ruth!
That's key to my observations as well. These white leftists talk a good talk, but will almost always stay around other white leftists, even if they move into black or Hispanic neighborhoods in my experience. There is no true attempt to get to know their black/Latino neighbors often times, they will almost never send their children to schools filled with black and Latino students (all the while fighting to "balance" these very schools at the ballot box), etc. Their actions speak louder than their words of unity, inclusion, and understanding.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Because the operator hears she is white and would likely rush to the scene after hearing he is black.
Taken together with her pre-911 call language about how she was "going to tell them there's an African American man threatening" her life, I agree with you. Again, if all we had was her mentioning race while on the phone with the police, I would not claim that such was evidence that race played a part as it could have easily been simply an attempt to provide a thorough description to the police. But we have a lot more than just that here.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:05 PM

383 posts, read 174,057 times
Quote:
Her mentioning African American while on the phone wasn't inherently troubling to me. Looked at alone, it could just be a descriptor for the police.

But we know she was doing more than just providing a description as she mentioned that even before she called the police. Indeed, she mentioned "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life" before dialing 911. Seriously, what did the man being an "African American" man have to do with anything at that point She is a mess. I'm glad she was fired from her job. And I'm glad that more people are recording and releasing videos like this to social media. Even where racism does not play a role, these videos and the threat of these videos being made will hopefully make more people behave when out and about.
Yes and then noticing it wasn't taken that seriously the light bulb came on "oh if I fake crying and over-stress "African-American" they'll come rescue me and get this man in trouble.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:08 PM

383 posts, read 174,057 times
Quote:
That's key to my observations as well. These white leftists talk a good talk, but will almost always stay around other white leftists, even if they move into black or Hispanic neighborhoods in my experience. There is no true attempt to get to know their black/Latino neighbors often times, they will almost never send their children to schools filled with black and Latino students (all the while fighting to "balance" these very schools at the ballot box), etc. Their actions speak louder than their words of unity, inclusion, and understanding.
Spot on !!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2020, 08:39 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
No fines for making a false report nor animal abuse for dragging that poor dog around by the neck. If I was seen on youtube dragging a dog around like that I might get protests outside of my house daily and my employer may fire me too.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:49 PM

1,486 posts, read 990,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No fines for making a false report nor animal abuse for dragging that poor dog around by the neck. If I was seen on youtube dragging a dog around like that I might get protests outside of my house daily and my employer may fire me too.
Of course not. This chick is following the playbook step by step.

First she was the aggressor then get called out online. (logically if someone fears for their life they do not run toward the danger as she clearly did in the video)
Then she issue a half assed apology where she referred to the person she called the cops on as "that man", couldn't even bother to mention his name in the apology SMH.
Now she switching gears to the victim role where she's crying her own actions are now destroying her life.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:57 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
LMAO. VP and head of investment solutions at a Hedge Fund. How much do you think she was worth?

Reminds me of the Hunt...

It's a business and there are optics.

That's what happens when you let society get out of control and pay these pay god-knows-how much to do god-knows-what...

Old 05-26-2020, 09:16 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
She was fired.

Her now ex-employer put this statement out 7 hours ago:

https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641
Wow that was quick

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-26-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
LMAO. VP and head of investment solutions at a Hedge Fund. How much do you think she was worth?

Reminds me of the Hunt...

It's a business and there are optics.

That's what happens when you let society get out of control and pay these pay god-knows-how much to do god-knows-what...
Probably at least a million, but probably not a whole lot more than that if I had to guess (I didn't get her age, but she doesn't look that old).

That said, such money is only going to go but so far if she wants to continue living her Central Park lifestyle. I imagine that the Twitter Warriors aren't going to make it easy for her to obtain a comparable paying job elsewhere anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City