Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 07:22 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Always an angle to blame the police.
Right. A few bad apples do something, the entire police force is attacked. The police literally do nothing as both Coopers had left the scene before the cops had arrived, and the entire police force is still attacked. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't thankless job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
She was not fired, placed on administrative leave

Please stick to the facts if you are going to discuss
She was fired.

Her now ex-employer put this statement out 7 hours ago:

https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641

Old 05-26-2020, 07:48 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times
This is how we go from zero to 100 SMH.
Black man walks up to white woman and ask her to leash her dog.
White woman call cops and say shes being assaulted by an African American male.

Thankfully they were smart enough to record and not only flip the tables but prevent a bad outcome for someone just asking her to abide by the rules of the park.

As for her getting fired it should have never went that far but companies have to protect their reputation. As far as "the Karen", she will eventually go on national TV and say some BS sob story and half assed apology about shes not racist and have black friends and this doesn't reflect who she is as a person......She will be fine, another company will hire her in no time

Old 05-26-2020, 07:49 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
So was her dog about to attack him? I am trying to understand why he was worried about her dog not having a leash?

Old 05-26-2020, 07:52 PM

383 posts, read 173,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
It is infuriating to watch her act like that but her life is nearly ruined. She’s been fired and everybody will know who she is for now on unless she changes her name or gets plastic surgery. I hope she doesn’t have the audacity to sue.
She could've gotten this man killed by cops, and she faked panicking over the phone while stressing "African American", knowing that it might have prompted the cops to come quicker and use lethal force, she knew what she was doing, so I couldn't care less about her life being ruined. Every day of her life having her resume turned down and people not messing with her she will think about it.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So was her dog about to attack him? I am trying to understand why he was worried about her dog not having a leash?
From what I gather, it was more out of concern for the bird wildlife in what was a sanctuary section for them in Central Park. And the rules require dogs to be leashed in that section.

That said, dogs off of leashes concern me from a safety level. People do not genuinely know how their dogs will behave in every situation and need to stop acting like they do. This is true especially as dogs will often read and feed off of their owner's emotions and behavior. Case in point, there was a Golden Retriever that belonged to a family who lived around the block from me when I lived in Northern Michigan. I was literally the ONLY person the dog barked at and acted aggressively toward (per the owners' own words and my observations) when walking by. I'd wager that the dog was feeding off of the energy being put out by its owners when I was walking by.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM

565 posts, read 361,376 times
I've said it for years. As a conservative, NYC native of the boroughs we all know who the real racists are in this city. It's the white transient liberal.

Ya know, the type that grew up in lily white Ohio, watched Friends/Seinfeld on TV in the 90s dreaming of moving to NYC, got caught up in the Obama hype of the 2000s, was indoctrinated in college to believe white people are bad (hint hint...white conservatives)...then moves to NYC to experience "culture" at a distance! Yes, at a distance.

As long as said white liberal doesn't have to live or work near illegals, minorities, white ethnic NYC native conservatives that were born/raised in NYC (the Irish/Italians/Germans/Greeks)...they are happy and feel they are a perfectly integrated member of society.

We all know the truth. Ruth!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Keep your dog on a leash means keep your dog on a leash and some people are scared of dogs. I know it's difficult for "Karen's" out there to understand that rules apply to them too, and that their entitlement to call the cops and lie to entrap a law-abiding citizen needs to STOP !!!!

Also people need to stop trying to find her excuses.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
She could've gotten this man killed by cops, and she faked panicking over the phone while stressing "African American", knowing that it might have prompted the cops to come quicker and use lethal force, she knew what she was doing, so I couldn't care less about her life being ruined. Every day of her life having her resume turned down and people not messing with her she will think about it.
Her mentioning African American while on the phone wasn't inherently troubling to me. Looked at alone, it could just be a descriptor for the police.

But we know she was doing more than just providing a description as she mentioned that even before she called the police. Indeed, she mentioned "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life" before dialing 911. Seriously, what did the man being an "African American" man have to do with anything at that point She is a mess. I'm glad she was fired from her job. And I'm glad that more people are recording and releasing videos like this to social media. Even where racism does not play a role, these videos and the threat of these videos being made will hopefully make more people behave when out and about.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I've said it for years. As a conservative, NYC native of the boroughs we all know who the real racists are in this city. It's the white transient liberal.

Ya know, the type that grew up in lily white Ohio, watched Friends/Seinfeld on TV in the 90s dreaming of moving to NYC, got caught up in the Obama hype of the 2000s, was indoctrinated in college to believe white people are bad (hint hint...white conservatives)...then moves to NYC to experience "culture" at a distance! Yes, at a distance.

As long as said white liberal doesn't have to live or work near illegals, minorities, white ethnic NYC native conservatives (the Irish/Italians/Germans/Greeks)...they are happy and feel they are a perfectly integrated member of society.

We all know the truth. Ruth!
I'm not a conservative, I don't label myself a liberal either, but you perfectly summed it up.

She would tell you "I voted for Obama twice" and in 2016 had the hashtag #IMWITHHER all over her social media.

And basically "culture at a distance" is what it is. Moving to Bed-Stuy or Crown Heights then calling the cops (Again) on their downstairs neighbors for playing music (that they've been playing their whole life living in the area).

They want to be in New York but not become FROM New York, they will never hang out with locals and immigrants but rather look down on them and call the police when feeling bothered.

Thankfully many of these people are leaving NYC post Covid-19. A lot of them realized they really can't survive when the ship goes down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City