Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 09:54 AM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
dumber than dumb,

the minute he pulled out the phone and started recording, she should have of shut her mouth, but the more she spoke the deeper the hole she was digging.
Stop recording me, once she said that, and she realized he was not going to stop, thats when she started with, oh yeah, I'll call the cops and say a black man, no wait, I'll say an african american man is threatening me, yeah, thats what I'll do, so by this time, she had to play the part.

dumber than dumb,

those few minutes, like she stated, have destroyed her life, and it has.
Once I saw it on the news this morning, I thought to myself, this chick has just ruined her life for years to come. She really will have to move out of the city, I believe from what i read, she was from Canada

Now, it was as if she was bribing him to a degree, if i call the police, Im going to say there is an african american man.......

hello, like WTF was that all about????how did she know if he was indeed African, I'm not gonna lie, I just would have said a black man, he is a black man, duh????but.......she knew not to say black, but the PC name, african american.....how did she not know if he was hatian, or the like, but chose Africa....not every black person is from African descent....

dumber than dumb
Uh, what?

“not every black person is from African descent....”

Unless your talking about Dravidians from India, natives of the Philippine islands or Australasian natives, I am at a loss. Where do you think Haitians, Jamaicans, Bahamians, a third of Brazilians etc. originally come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 10:00 AM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This woman tried to call the cops on him and did and made a false report. He can sue for this.
I agree.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:20 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I wonder where she's from.
I read Canada too. Every liberal’s dream oasis, yet they stay here

Old 05-27-2020, 10:25 AM

133 posts, read 54,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I've said it for years. As a conservative, NYC native of the boroughs we all know who the real racists are in this city. It's the white transient liberal.

Ya know, the type that grew up in lily white Ohio, watched Friends/Seinfeld on TV in the 90s dreaming of moving to NYC, got caught up in the Obama hype of the 2000s, was indoctrinated in college to believe white people are bad (hint hint...white conservatives)...then moves to NYC to experience "culture" at a distance! Yes, at a distance.

As long as said white liberal doesn't have to live or work near illegals, minorities, white ethnic NYC native conservatives that were born/raised in NYC (the Irish/Italians/Germans/Greeks)...they are happy and feel they are a perfectly integrated member of society.

We all know the truth. Ruth!

I've observed their hypocrisy for years. The entitled transient yuppies who generally hail from the Midwest, or in this case Canada, usually wear the label "liberal" on their sleeve. It's as if it were a badge of merit, or a prerequisite to live in a gentrified neighborhood and work as a high roller in a financial services firm, or advertising agency, etc. This could be the case whether they actually are "liberal" or not. Very often, their liberalism is only social if anything. I doubt they are fiscally leftist.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:31 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Uh, what?

“not every black person is from African descent....”

Unless your talking about Dravidians from India, natives of the Philippine islands or Australasian natives, I am at a loss. Where do you think Haitians, Jamaicans, Bahamians, a third of Brazilians etc. originally come from?

Haitian, from Haiti
Jamaican, from Jamaica
Bahamian, (is that correct) from Bahamas

Oh come on, your not going to go that far back in time.

Last edited by nightcrawler; 05-27-2020 at 10:41 AM..

Old 05-27-2020, 12:44 PM

179 posts, read 109,232 times
Quote:
Here's the full story. It looks like both cooper's are Karen's. Lol

https://youtu.be/zVl2nfe2Ivo

Both Karens ? maybe --- but who initiated the Karening ?

From NY Post

The black man accosted by a white dog-walker in Central Park has posted an online rundown of what happened right before videotaping the now-infamous confrontation.

Christian Cooper — a Harvard University grad, former Marvel Comics editor and a current member of the board of directors for the New York City chapter of the Audubon Society, according to reports and the nature organization — wrote on Facebook on Monday:

“Central Park this morning: This woman’s dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

“ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.

The Karening begins.

“HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.

Not Karening ---she 's a rebel

“ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.

Valid statement ---- but still Karening

“HER: It’s too dangerous.

Still a rebel

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it

How crazy is this statement? -------- Who's privilege is showing here ?

Them's fighting words

“HER: What’s that?

She is not intimidated ,apparently,

“ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!

Calling over a strangers dog SMH

“HER: He won’t come to you.

"We’ll see about that…” Yes we will ---- the Whole World will ----as it turns out.

“ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence

Oh ---he 's a serial Karen----packing treats ------ On the streets he would have been punched by this point,

. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

He didn’t even get a chance ?----- For shame.

“HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

“That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

Now lady Cooper makes some baaaaaaad decisions

Will the real Karen please stand up.

These two need to get together with Obama over a beer ---perhaps at a Mensa/OCD support venue.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:57 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I re watched the video again, and what I don't understand is,

if she was feeling that threatened,

and that scared,

and that afraid,

she had the nerve, to storm up to him, clearly, you can see the anger in her walk, she was annoyed, and she stormed right over to him, pointing her finger in his face, was she kidding???

If she was as frightened as she claims she was, walking over to someone and pointing, was the wrong thing to do.

She deserves everything she is getting now.

She won't even be able to walk outside anymore, everyone will know who she is and what she did.
-----------------------------------------------

Now, the only thing with the man that I think was a little "off" was him saying, "If your gonna do what you want, I'm gonna do what I want, and you won't like it." WTF was that all about????

and walking with dog treats, eh, I'm not feeling that, that, is a little "off" to me.

in her defense, no, I would not like someone, a stranger, giving my dog treats? could they be poison?, people aren't always nice, this we know....

now on another note, while he is right, (IMO), about the dog off the leash, if he didn't say anything to her and just went about his business, since he stated he was wrapping up his birding for the day, none of this would have of happened? right?

so, technically, he was really the one that started all of this.

Last edited by nightcrawler; 05-27-2020 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-27-2020, 02:11 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,310 times
Quote:
Here's the full story. It looks like both cooper's are Karen's. Lol

https://youtu.be/zVl2nfe2Ivo
His side of the story but I do agree with some of his points.

I do agree too that:
  • The woman was wrong to invoke race and call the police with a lie regarding the threat,
  • The dog was choking, so that's bad in my eyes,
  • The social media justice was too fast, too strong. It's like an old style execution without the killing, I am not sure what this would achieve,
  • And finally, when someone says "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it", it's too ambiguous to even expect a normal interaction from that point

Even if the last point was about giving a treat and forcing the dog to run over to force the owners to put the leash, it's a weird way of saying things. Imagine a man saying that to your wife, your sister or your daughter?

He should have said something like "If you're going to not put the dog on leash, I am going to take the treat out and force your dog to run to me, forcing you to put the leash to not lose him".

Old 05-27-2020, 02:25 PM

34,014 posts, read 47,240,427 times
I would have much preferred if the Parks Dept Police were to happen upon her instead and issue her a summons. Why even bother telling ppl what to do on property that's not yours. Clearly for whatever reason she chose to ignore the rules. I dont even bother with ppl like that.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-27-2020, 02:26 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVinney View Post
Both Karens ? maybe --- but who initiated the Karening ?

From NY Post

The black man accosted by a white dog-walker in Central Park has posted an online rundown of what happened right before videotaping the now-infamous confrontation.

Christian Cooper — a Harvard University grad, former Marvel Comics editor and a current member of the board of directors for the New York City chapter of the Audubon Society, according to reports and the nature organization — wrote on Facebook on Monday:

“Central Park this morning: This woman’s dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

“ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.

The Karening begins.

“HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.

Not Karening ---she 's a rebel

“ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.

Valid statement ---- but still Karening

“HER: It’s too dangerous.

Still a rebel

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it

How crazy is this statement? -------- Who's privilege is showing here ?

Them's fighting words

“HER: What’s that?

She is not intimidated ,apparently,

“ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!

Calling over a strangers dog SMH

“HER: He won’t come to you.

"We’ll see about that…” Yes we will ---- the Whole World will ----as it turns out.

“ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence

Oh ---he 's a serial Karen----packing treats ------ On the streets he would have been punched by this point,

. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

He didn’t even get a chance ?----- For shame.

“HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

“That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

Now lady Cooper makes some baaaaaaad decisions

Will the real Karen please stand up.

These two need to get together with Obama over a beer ---perhaps at a Mensa/OCD support venue.
I think it’s clear that the guy is a little crazy, too, and he should have never even jokingly (he says he has treats to show an alternative and to help persuade owners to leash their dogs) tried to offer the dog a treat; his call should have been to the police if she refused. That said trying to give a treat to a dog in no way justifies the racist call to the cop that followed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City