Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 AM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

it's closed already.....guess i'm not going to a high school reunion now

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
When I was on the varsity baseball team in Aviation HS we had to go to a game in Beach Channel HS and on the way to the field we were met by countless thugs and guys threatening us. Even the girls were spitting and yelling at us "YOU SUCK you ****ing spics." It reminded me of some schools in the Bronx like Roosevelt and Evander. Beach Channel High School is probably the worst school I have ever visited. I wouldn't go there even if you payed me. There is a large number of black people there...not for nothing. Is this area Far Rockaway?

Old 05-31-2008, 03:45 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
No, it's actually Rockaway Beach but they bring in students from all over. The shame of BCHS is that it was a premier HS when it opened in the late 70's. It was a specialty school for Marine Biology & related fields which had its own boat ramp and labs. It really went downhill in the 1980's with many budget cuts and students being bused in from Brooklyn & other areas of south Queens.

Wow, I had no idea they had closed FRHS..... why? There is certainly a need for two HS's on the peninsula.

What are they going to do with the building? That is a very nice looking structure on a great peice of property. The building reminds me of Hamilton HS in Bklyn.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:20 AM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
frhs is closed but four smaller high schools still operate within the building.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 PM

13 posts, read 71,015 times
What's the rationale behind closing FRHS and put four smaller high schools in the same buidling?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

13 posts, read 71,015 times
"Far Rock is horrible. Easily the worst neighborhood in Queens."

Far Rockaway is not the worst neighborhood in Queens. Certain parts of it are pretty scary, but a lot of other parts are okay. You probably just need to know what areas you shouldn't go and don't stay out too late by yourelf. And consider the housing price there, it's probably the most affordable place in Queens.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Beach View Post
"Far Rock is horrible. Easily the worst neighborhood in Queens."

Far Rockaway is not the worst neighborhood in Queens. Certain parts of it are pretty scary, but a lot of other parts are okay. You probably just need to know what areas you shouldn't go and don't stay out too late by yourelf. And consider the housing price there, it's probably the most affordable place in Queens.
What do you think is the worst neighborhood then?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
What do you think is the worst neighborhood then?
Yeah, I wonder the same?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yeah, I wonder the same?
south Jamaica is pretty bad as is the rochdale area and hollis

Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM

265 posts, read 944,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
south Jamaica is pretty bad as is the rochdale area and hollis
Far Rock is worse than south Jamaica imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City