Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:06 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,502,246 times

Advertisements

Hey, can anyone tell me a good website with plenty of coop apartments??
Mainly Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,427,993 times
this is an investment that will take about 20 years minimum to see any dividends.....

hopefully sooner

crossing my fingers for the 1st thai restaurant in the bronx lol

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,254,949 times
The maintenance fees at Parkchester are very high and will only go higher (as all condo/co-op fees do). This may be a problem for buyers who don't have rising incomes.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,272,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
this is an investment that will take about 20 years minimum to see any dividends.....

hopefully sooner

A friend of mine said somebody hooked her up with some kind of Vietnamese (vietnamese is also excellent, if you haven't tried it) sandwich the other day. She said the person got it from somewhere in the Bronx. I tried asking her where she got it from but she couldn't tell me. I'm gonna ask her again. lol. I'll post with any updates.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM

340 posts, read 1,186,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

hopefully sooner

There is a thai restaurant in the bronx....opened about 2 months ago in pelham bay

Old 05-08-2008, 05:45 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,427,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
There is a thai restaurant in the bronx....opened about 2 months ago in pelham bay
dear god the gentrification has begun!

ladies and gentlemen, the new champs de elysse bka the grand boulevard and concourse! :::applause:::

lol

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-08-2008, 07:34 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,010,136 times
Seventh I would hardly say 20 years before you see dividends...thats hogwash. Those who bought in the South Bronx 5 years ago have seen HUGE didvidends, as have most other places. With all the obvious significant investment and amenities entering the area in the next 1-2 years, and the insanely low price for what you get for NYC, how do you figure 20 years exactly?

The fact remains that you also get to live in a brand new development, with private indoor parking, granite countertops, all the other bling, gym, landscaped area, in NYC! That in and of itself is the value and payoff...anything over that is gravy.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,272,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
I googled vietnamese restaurant in the Bronx, and this one turned up. It's a thai/vietnamese place. I'm thinking this might be the place my friend got the sandwich from. I will ask to confirm...

Nam Thai Vietnames & Thai The Bronx | Vietnamese restaurant in Bronx 10463 | Restaurant menus, reviews and maps on urbanspoon.com

Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,010,136 times
I have not seen this one..I might stop by. I went to the Latin Kitchen in Throgs Neck and it was absolutely the worst spanish food I have ever eaten..and that's saying something! The place is great for drinks and to hang at the bar area, but don't eat there unless you have never eaten spanish food before!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:57 AM

10 posts, read 70,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
You can get a good price on a condo in Parkchester. Have you checked those out at all?

For those crapping on the area, it's an investment. Obviously if it were a nice area, the price would be much higher. Just from an investment point of view it looks very solid. Of course there is a bit of a gamble (not much IMO considering the price). You buy into these type of places with the hope the area will continue to improve.

The Parkchester condo's are in the 120's -140's. Which is still a really great price. I figured that I would live there for about a year, and get a feel for the area, before I decided to invest. But for the 108k that Solara is asking for, I must admit that the price did grab my attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City