Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2021, 07:18 AM

2,335 posts, read 1,043,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXzYWjyWqOw

May 27th attack, 75 year old woman in Queens
This was in Corona which is a heavily South American (Colombian, Peruvian, Ecuadoran, etc.) and increasingly Central American neighborhood. Anywhere along Northern Blvd starting from the 80s to the 100s is a known operating area for several infamous gangs and cartels such as MS-13 and various cartels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 10:47 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,729,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
This was in Corona which is a heavily South American (Colombian, Peruvian, Ecuadoran, etc.) and increasingly Central American neighborhood. Anywhere along Northern Blvd starting from the 80s to the 100s is a known operating area for several infamous gangs and cartels such as MS-13 and various cartels.
I don't think that has anything to do with it because these attacks are going on all over the place. Manhattan, Brooklyn, even in Chinatown

I think some of the motivation for this is these low life street people, not all street people but the violent ones are doing this to feel powerful. They think by attacking Chinese people it elevates their status somehow.
And it gets on the news a lot because of the outrage at the racial element to it.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:31 PM

34,136 posts, read 17,199,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I don't think that has anything to do with it because these attacks are going on all over the place. Manhattan, Brooklyn, even in Chinatown

I think some of the motivation for this is these low life street people, not all street people but the violent ones are doing this to feel powerful. They think by attacking Chinese people it elevates their status somehow.
And it gets on the news a lot because of the outrage at the racial element to it.
These savages need to be institutionalized for life. Wild animals are caged to protect humans; dangerous humans should be caged, to protect civilized humans.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:40 PM

103 posts, read 57,472 times
There but by grace of God go I. They are you and you are them. I assure, if we were raised in those circumstances then you would be the same way. Cast first stone if you dare. Let us hack at the roots then the leaves of the tree.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:30 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,438,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
There but by grace of God go I. They are you and you are them. I assure, if we were raised in those circumstances then you would be the same way. Cast first stone if you dare. Let us hack at the roots then the leaves of the tree.

If I saw this crime in progress, and happened to have a stone on me, I would definitely cast it at the attacker, to help the victim. Enough of bleeping excuses, violent people have all the protection in the world nowadays; their victims have none. This guy should have been locked up - in a prison if he is competent to make decisions, in a mental institution if he is not. No matter how you were raised (and I'm speaking as a person raised in very troubled circumstances), unprovoked attacks on other people should not be tolerated.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:32 PM

588 posts, read 948,774 times
At least in past they robbed people, now mostly assault for fun. They aren't all "mentally ill", these thugs choose their victims and know the penalty is a slap on the wrist.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:16 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,729,705 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPM2au_DbZY

Subway fight, knives vs. sticks

6 AM, 125th st subway station

Jun 1, 2021

Old 06-03-2021, 05:37 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,529,658 times
Diversity is our strength.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:40 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,054,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
At least in past they robbed people, now mostly assault for fun. They aren't all "mentally ill", these thugs choose their victims and know the penalty is a slap on the wrist.
Bail reform is a big part of the problem. People fail to realize that you can have a large number of higher level crimes committed that are plea bargained down and no bail kicks in. That is a serious loophole that needs to be addressed.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:12 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Bail reform is a big part of the problem. People fail to realize that you can have a large number of higher level crimes committed that are plea bargained down and no bail kicks in. That is a serious loophole that needs to be addressed.
All state legislature. NYC cannot amend court law.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City