Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 01:50 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Lot of people should keep the mask on just to hide their unfortunate genetics.
And bad breath

Old 05-26-2021, 05:52 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
A lot of people I'm around at work haven't been fully vaccinated. I can see that hate on their face now that I am totally maskless. I tried walking into a Wholesale and was stopped. I was like...I thought we didnt have to wear masks if fully vaccinated. I was allowed in. They aren't even suppose to do that in the first place. Pretty sure they pick and choose which customers to stop.

Very annoying. If u are that concerned, go get vaccinated!

Old 05-26-2021, 06:07 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
A lot of people I'm around at work haven't been fully vaccinated. I can see that hate on their face now that I am totally maskless. I tried walking into a Wholesale and was stopped. I was like...I thought we didnt have to wear masks if fully vaccinated. I was allowed in. They aren't even suppose to do that in the first place. Pretty sure they pick and choose which customers to stop.

Pretty sure a private business can require masks if they want from anyone, they just don't have to.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:24 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Since Cuomo followed the new CDC guidelines and allowed the vaccinated not to wear masks outdoors and indoors in most settings, I notice that a lot of people are still wearing masks outside and almost all stores still require them upon entry. Are New Yorkers not ready to transition to some form of normality?
majority of people are not taking off their masks

Old 05-26-2021, 06:37 PM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
Quote:

I agree about getting vaccinated but to be fair to some folks, the ability to just walk in and get one didn't start until end of April. If they got the Moderna, chances are good they haven't even gotten their second shot yet, much less waited the two weeks post shot to be fully vaccinated.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:12 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:

Some people tell me they are too scared. So they're scared of getting Covid but also scared to get vaccinated. Don't really know what to say about that...

Old 05-26-2021, 07:13 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
majority of people are not taking off their masks

But why? Indoors, I can understand, but why outdoors? There's limited spread to begin with outdoors!

Old 05-26-2021, 07:28 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But why? Indoors, I can understand, but why outdoors? There's limited spread to begin with outdoors!
Pick up a newspaper for crying out loud. The CDC recommends NO mask when you are NOT around a large amount of people outdoors AND when you are indoors around lots of people.

Just because the CDC says it's ok doesn't mean people feel comfortable yet, and there are a few reasons why:

1. People that are "vaccinated" are still getting COVID. People don't want to catch it, even if they are vaccinated, and wearing the mask reduces the risk, so they do it.

2. There are still people that are NOT vaccinated for whatever reason and they don't want to get COVID, so again, they wear the mask to reduce risk.

3. I am vaccinated, but I still wear a mask around lots of people especially out in Manhattan with all of the homeless people. I don't know who is vaccinated and who is not, and many of the homeless people are carrying God knows what. I've found that I was not sick wearing it so I'd like it to stay that way. I don't get sick much anyway, but still. I've been COVID free so far, and I want to keep it that way and not get sick from that or anything else if possible.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:37 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post

3. I am vaccinated, but I still wear a mask around lots of people especially out in Manhattan with all of the homeless people. I don't know who is vaccinated and who is not, and many of the homeless people are carrying God knows what. I've found that I was not sick wearing it so I'd like it to stay that way. I don't get sick much anyway, but still. I've been COVID free so far, and I want to keep it that way and not get sick from that or anything else if possible.
I read an article about colds, flu and other virus starting to pop up now. So I guess the masks and distancing did help with all that.

I have to wear a mask at work and will continue to wear one on the MTA for the foreseeable future. Right now I'm still wearing it in businesses more so to make others comfortable. I don't have the time or patience to be looked at or talked about for not.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:53 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I read an article about colds, flu and other virus starting to pop up now. So I guess the masks and distancing did help with all that.

I have to wear a mask at work and will continue to wear one on the MTA for the foreseeable future. Right now I'm still wearing it in businesses more so to make others comfortable. I don't have the time or patience to be looked at or talked about for not.
My routine has not changed since this started. When I'm out for a stroll outside where I can socially distance, no mask. If I'm around crowds of people outdoors where I can't, I wear a mask, and wear a mask using public transit as required and when indoors in places like supermarkets or whatever. In Whole Foods, I wipe down my shopping cart with disinfectant wipes, which quite frankly should be done (pandemic or not). For me, I just know that people are disgusting in general, like all of the men on my floor that go in the bathroom in our office building, do their business and don't wash their hands, so better to be safe than sorry, not just with COVID, but in general. Still go to restaurants and eat outside too where there is air circulating.

A few months ago, I confronted a guy in our men's bathroom in our office building who did his business and did not think he needed to flush. I told him are you nuts? He makes up some story. I insisted he flush and only then did he agree to do so. Unreal. People are nasty in this City and in general, so yeah, I will continue to mask up, not because I'm terrified of COVID, but because of peoples' disgusting habits in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: