Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 07:45 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times

Advertisements

We were in Manhattan to honor Memorial Day (and so were a bunch of other people, never seen Times Sq. so crowded) and most people had masks on. As for me. The impossible has happened. I've gotten used to wearing that darn thing! But let's see when it's above 85 and hot & humid but walking around, you'd be an odd duck if you didn't have a mask on.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:08 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
The only time I have it on outside is when I forget to take it off.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:22 AM

3,477 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
We were in Manhattan to honor Memorial Day (and so were a bunch of other people, never seen Times Sq. so crowded) and most people had masks on. As for me. The impossible has happened. I've gotten used to wearing that darn thing! But let's see when it's above 85 and hot & humid but walking around, you'd be an odd duck if you didn't have a mask on.

Interesting, I went to Union Square yesterday and I would say it's 50/50. Some has masks and some didn't. Seems as though more and more people are starting to shed their masks. All stores are still requiring them tho.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:58 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Interesting, I went to Union Square yesterday and I would say it's 50/50. Some has masks and some didn't. Seems as though more and more people are starting to shed their masks. All stores are still requiring them tho.
It really depends on where you're at. In Queens (flushing), it's more 95 percent masks on. And in midtown Manhattan, it's like 80-70 percent. Maybe because they're going in and out of stores so it's just best to keep it on. Once stores, apt. bldgs, the mta loosen up regarding it's mask requirement, maybe more & more people will walk around maskless. Plus, it was still kind of nippy yesterday. Once the weather warms up with increasing humidity, no. I will not be wearing a mask. Let's see if others do the same.

Old 06-01-2021, 03:43 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
I like my mask, so I'm happy to wear it when I'm out of the apartment.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:19 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
It really depends on where you're at. In Queens (flushing), it's more 95 percent masks on. And in midtown Manhattan, it's like 80-70 percent. Maybe because they're going in and out of stores so it's just best to keep it on. Once stores, apt. bldgs, the mta loosen up regarding it's mask requirement, maybe more & more people will walk around maskless. Plus, it was still kind of nippy yesterday. Once the weather warms up with increasing humidity, no. I will not be wearing a mask. Let's see if others do the same.

It's weird how so many stores are still mandating masks. My cousin from Florida called me the other day and told me that he can walk into ANY store without having to wear a mask. But here in NY, many stores still require it. Don't understand why...

Old 06-01-2021, 07:11 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I took a long walk through Manhattan on Monday, and noticed that the further downtown you get, the less prevalent the masks become. By the time I reached the West Village/East Village/Lower East Side, it felt more like 60/40 masks off/masks on.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:25 AM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I took a long walk through Manhattan on Monday, and noticed that the further downtown you get, the less prevalent the masks become. By the time I reached the West Village/East Village/Lower East Side, it felt more like 60/40 masks off/masks on.
Younger population skews less compliance. They think that they are invincible.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:33 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Younger population skews less compliance. They think that they are invincible.
"Compliance" with what? Even if you do "comply", there hasn't been an outdoor mask mandate in months and currently there's no mask rule at all.

Compliance lol

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-02-2021, 06:58 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I was watching a program last night, and it is known that covid isn't spread thru the outside air, and yet, why are people still wearing masks when they are walking down a block alone.

I do not want the government thinking for me, and imposing their rules on me.
I don't want to wear a mask outside, so I don't.
I use my common sense when I'm on the subway, and inside a store. But as far as being outside, and even in a park, there is no reason for it.

I think the government has conditioned people into this and I think it is wrong.

Of course we all have our own brains and should be able to know when to and when not to wear a mask.

no more masks for me outside anymore, that's done with for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: