Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 05:52 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,890,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But of course, they don't trust the science. They only trust it when it's fear mongering news, but they don't trust it when it's positive news.
Like I said the ancillary non-COVID benefits have probably been recognized. Old people especially have likely found they are in the hospital less and have less colds/flu.

This has been a hard year for Allergy sufferers....if you're not wearing a mask.

Last year when I wore a mask outside I had almost no allergy problems.

Old 06-11-2021, 06:36 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
Allergies for people who wore masks religiously last year will probably be far worse now that they are (possibly) wearing them less. But they did that to themselves so whatever. My allergies were the same this year as always, even though I moved to a new house surrounded by WAY more (and more varied) vegetation than I have ever lived around.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-11-2021, 07:30 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Most people are 2-3 months behind the latest guidance.
Meh, I don’t believe that people hanging onto outdoor masking is just a matter of being unaware of current guidance. Back when the government recommended double masking, I saw double maskers pop up all over NYC like wildfire. Didn’t take 2-3 months for that guidance to catch on.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:49 AM

1,399 posts, read 892,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Meh, I don’t believe that people hanging onto outdoor masking is just a matter of being unaware of current guidance. Back when the government recommended double masking, I saw double maskers pop up all over NYC like wildfire. Didn’t take 2-3 months for that guidance to catch on.
The guidance is a*s backwards and changes everyday. Theres nothing to catch onto.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
I do think it's ok to take off the masks if you're just walking around and not making any contact with people. But for workers that need to interact with people it's not safe yet even with vaccines. There are many active asymptomatic carriers. It will be awhile before covid is fully assimilated with us for people not to be sick badly from it.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:26 AM

5,689 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I do think it's ok to take off the masks if you're just walking around and not making any contact with people. But for workers that need to interact with people it's not safe yet even with vaccines. There are many active asymptomatic carriers. It will be awhile before covid is fully assimilated with us for people not to be sick badly from it.
Please go out in the city. Bars and restaurants are busy. No mask wearing. Stop with your non sense. You scared and wanta wear your mask 24/7, go ahead but stop telling other what to do.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:33 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Please go out in the city. Bars and restaurants are busy. No mask wearing. Stop with your non sense. You scared and wanta wear your mask 24/7, go ahead but stop telling other what to do.
Exactly. More and more people here in NY have been removing their masks over the past month. Positivity rates continue to go down. Nothing is blowing up as a result of people removing their masks.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:55 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,303,192 times
I'm vaccinated and I went for a walk outside alone maskless and an older lady sneered at me like how dare you. I told her to get over herself. You're outside alone with a mask on. Just stupid. If you eat outside with people around, then there's no difference. Inside I could understand. In fact during my time out, most people outside were maskless. Time to get back to some level of normalcy, at least when outside.

Old 06-11-2021, 04:26 PM

Surprisingly, 99% of stores are not mandating masks anymore, yet almost everyone is still wearing them indoors. I literally walked into Best Buy today to return something and didn't put a mask on and the employees were fine with it. In fact, I notice many stores have taken down their "masks required" sign and just not posting anything at all on the entrance anymore. So, it's completely optional now at most places, yet really makes me wonder why most people are still wearing them indoors? Do they not trust the science when they say it's safe??

Old 06-11-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm vaccinated and I went for a walk outside alone maskless and an older lady sneered at me like how dare you. I told her to get over herself. You're outside alone with a mask on. Just stupid. If you eat outside with people around, then there's no difference. Inside I could understand. In fact during my time out, most people outside were maskless. Time to get back to some level of normalcy, at least when outside.

Ignore her. At this point, it should be completely acceptable for people to walk outside maskless. More and more people are doing so now so she's probably sneering at a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: