Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 09:00 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,550,769 times

Advertisements

A lot of stores are already providing masks to people who don't have them, if they require one to shop there. It's just good business.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:43 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,842 times
Most of the big chains in the city no longer require masks. I went into CVS, Duane Reade, Trader Joe’s, and Barnes & Noble without a mask and didn’t have any issue - in fact a lot of the staff were maskless themselves. I also didn’t have to wear one in Blue Bottle Coffee, which was a pleasant surprise. Most bars and restaurants in Manhattan no longer require masks from what I’ve experienced. Particularly in Downtown Manhattan, where I’m seeing an increasing number of maskless bartenders. Western Queens, where I live, is a much different story however. Quite a few places there are still acting like it’s last Fall.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:00 AM

139 posts, read 215,939 times
I don't wear a mask outside. I carry one and if a business requires it, I will put it on and remove it when I leave the shop. Many times, I've witnessed masked people-- 9 times out of 10 they are older women-- freaking out/yelling at people not standing six feet away from them. At that point, doing anything other than simply moving away and saying nothing only invites confrontation with a lunatic. I've seen it happen as I'm sure many others have as well.

If people choose to continue wearing masks out of fear, or some real or imagined reason, that's on them. It doesn't affect me so making fun of them or wondering what their reasons are for wearing it seems an utter waste of time.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:12 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Well my co-op building finally dropped its mask mandate. So I'm finally free to walk around my hallways, laundry room, ride elevators, and mail room without having to put on the damn mask. Most of my neighbors will choose to wear them, but I won't. Let's see how many people refuse to ride in the elevator with me because they are freaked out that I'm maskless.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:16 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,595 times
My building dropped all space restrictions and mask requirements for vaccinated people yesterday - except for the elevator, they still want people to wear masks when riding it, regardless of vax status. They're not really enforcing it though.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:06 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
My building dropped all space restrictions and mask requirements for vaccinated people yesterday - except for the elevator, they still want people to wear masks when riding it, regardless of vax status. They're not really enforcing it though.
That doesn't make sense, elevator cabs are ventilated

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2021, 03:53 PM

Yeah, well people can give me crap all they want in elevators. Either accept my maskless face or take the next elevator. I'll respect your decision to wear a mask, so please respect my decision to not wear one.

I refuse to wear a mask unless mandated. Call it a protest to return to normalcy and it's time we start returning to normal. We are social beings and keeping our faces covered up is not the right way we should be living.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:52 AM

43,691 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yeah, well people can give me crap all they want in elevators. Either accept my maskless face or take the next elevator. I'll respect your decision to wear a mask, so please respect my decision to not wear one.
Do you expected a masked person to step out of an elevator so you a maskless person can step inside?!

In general I have noticed many people still wearing masks outdoors. I am only wearing masks for indoor public spaces.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Do you expected a masked person to step out of an elevator so you a maskless person can step inside?!

In general I have noticed many people still wearing masks outdoors. I am only wearing masks for indoor public spaces.

No, I'll gladly ride in the elevator with them. Like I said, I will respect people's decision to continue wearing masks and I ask they respect my decision to be maskless. If they yell at me and tell me to get out because I'm maskless then whatever, I'll take the next elevator. People were like this even when I used to wear masks, as some people were paranoid and wanted to ride elevators solo, which I always thought was very selfish. But whatever, I'm not here to fight so I'll back off and stay away from trouble..

Old 06-18-2021, 09:59 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,303,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Most of the big chains in the city no longer require masks. I went into CVS, Duane Reade, Trader Joe’s, and Barnes & Noble without a mask and didn’t have any issue - in fact a lot of the staff were maskless themselves. I also didn’t have to wear one in Blue Bottle Coffee, which was a pleasant surprise. Most bars and restaurants in Manhattan no longer require masks from what I’ve experienced. Particularly in Downtown Manhattan, where I’m seeing an increasing number of maskless bartenders. Western Queens, where I live, is a much different story however. Quite a few places there are still acting like it’s last Fall.
Which Blue Bottle shop was this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: