Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 03:56 PM

173 posts, read 147,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
It's amazing how people can be so insular and not think of others.

A year ago we had medical professionals begging for people to stop being selfish. Nurses in tears over the carnage and many of you people are asking why we shut down.

It is an absolute travesty that we have almost the same number of deaths as the Spanish Flu 100 years later, and Americans consider this acceptable progress. Unbelievable.
Hey, don't get me wrong; I'm not asking why we shut down. Like I said, my instincts tell me we prevented millions of deaths. To clarify: I think we did the right thing by shutting down.

I'm just acknowledging the possibility of things end up not being as bad we as thought it'd be if we didn't do a complete shut down. We'll never know what could've been and there's a part of me that wish I could've seen it. Maybe if I had the Time Stone like Doctor Strange did

Old 06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:

A year ago we had medical professionals begging for people to stop being selfish. Nurses in tears over the carnage and many of you people are asking why we shut down.

It is an absolute travesty that we have almost the same number of deaths as the Spanish Flu 100 years later, and Americans consider this acceptable progress. Unbelievable.

Um, I am thinking of others. I was not affected by this pandemic, other than the inconvenience of not living a fun, normal life. I've been working from home this past year and managed to stay Covid-free. Many others, on the other hand, lost their jobs and businesses due to the prolonged shutdown that probably did next to nothing in slowing the spread. Even if it did, the damage it did to people economically and financially was beyond tragic that many may never recover from. All of this tragedy over a virus with a 1% chance of dying...

Old 06-04-2021, 07:20 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times
Quote:

Apparently you believe all carefully recorded and edited propaganda you see on-line.

Remember all those "Nurses" in scrubs coming "Home" after a long day at the hospital crying? yea many were unemployed former nurses looking for hits on their Instagram page or out right actors trying to spread fear due to who was in office.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:26 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
Hey, don't get me wrong; I'm not asking why we shut down. Like I said, my instincts tell me we prevented millions of deaths. To clarify: I think we did the right thing by shutting down.

I'm just acknowledging the possibility of things end up not being as bad we as thought it'd be if we didn't do a complete shut down. We'll never know what could've been and there's a part of me that wish I could've seen it. Maybe if I had the Time Stone like Doctor Strange did
Actually Cuomo himself said during one of his news conferences months ago that statistics show being INDOORS and QUARANTINING may have contributed to higher infections. 60% of infections in NY were happening at home last fall. Possibly more.

Turns out being OUTSIDE was the good thing to do to keep infections down. Sunlight, parks, beaches etc.

But nope, NY forced everyone INSIDE to breathe each others air. Nice.

I know in hindsight we now know what worked and didn't, but know this. the Federal Gov't, Fauci, Trump, etc... NONE OF THEM EVER MANDATED STAY AT HOME ORDERS. Local Governors and Mayors did.

Fauci, CDC, only said "Masks and social distancing". Not to close businesses etc. Local Gov't screwed us when they got high off the full control of citizens and ran with it.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:29 PM

1,060 posts, read 549,412 times
Quote:

The 1910 population of the US was 92 million. The 1920 population of the US was 101 million. Basically one third of the current population. Covid deaths would have to be 3X what they are to be equal to Spanish Flu death. Furthermore, the Spanish Flu targeted young people in the prime of their lives.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:36 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
I'm proud to say that me and mine didn't listen to a single thing Cumho said. I only wore masks when forced to be somewhere that required it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-05-2021, 05:46 AM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Nationwide the CDC removed the mask mandate what two weeks ago? Covid didn't explode everywhere, in fact it's still going down.

That's all you need to know about masks.

PS Yes I know there are lots vaccinated, but only about 140 Million are vaccinated nationwide. That still leaves about 180-200 million people who can still catch covid with no masks.... not happening.

Nuff said.
Plus you have to add in the 34 million who tested positive, and the unknown millions who had the virus but had no symptoms.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:49 AM

100 posts, read 195,560 times
ive been raw doggin air for the past 4 months

Old 06-05-2021, 09:37 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtxZombie View Post
ive been raw doggin air for the past 4 months
Big deal, like you've never known what its like to breathe without a mask on before

Covid has really affected people mentally more than they would like to admit

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-05-2021, 07:52 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Funny story, I went to Macy's Herald Square today for the first time in over year since the pandemic started. They still have the "masks required" sign all over the door and throughout the store. Yet I saw some shoppers with no masks on along with some employees. So it didn't seem like they were requiring it, so I decided to remove my mask and no one said anything. In fact, when I was walking through the cologne section, one employee was trying to offer me a sample of cologne and didn't care that I didn't have a mask on. So it does seem like it's ok. In fact, Macy's website even says that their stores don't require masks for vaccinated people.

So it does seem like a lot of store here in NY have that "masks required" sign but don't really enforce them. Strange why they even keep those signs up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: