Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 08:19 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,676,386 times

Advertisements

People who think having to show proof of vaccination to get into a venue is oppression really have no idea what oppression is.

You should definitely leave NY. You won't make it here.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:30 AM

7,369 posts, read 4,153,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
People who think having to show proof of vaccination to get into a venue is oppression really have no idea what oppression is.

I reread his post and he never said anything about vaccinations or proof of vaccinations.

Not sure where you are coming from.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:30 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,985,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post

Since I used the word, this was directed at me.

I served overseas in 4 countries with very real, very deadly oppressive regimes. I understand that our government was created to limit the possibility of such regimes coming to power here. In NYC, the slow creep towards accepting all manner of government oppression is real. We elected a mayor - twice - who aided Nicaraguan rebels and openly espoused communist ideals (until he had to nuance his beliefs to win).

That said, I more than made it in NYC. I simply chose to take your money and run once it was available to me.

My current job really feeds off of NYC's downsides. It's a cash cow that is much easier than any job I've ever held in the past.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-16-2021, 09:27 AM

67 posts, read 24,401 times
I am in a similar position as New2Invest and decided it is time to move away from this. Everything has been sectioned into social categories and criteria and if you are not in the right spot you can be held back and disadvantaged.

There are some groups of people doing better then ever and good for them. The social and class systems are rigged for helping some groups while harming others. Skin color is an unrelenting issue with just about everything.

The range of health care that I receive in NYC has deteriorated. Health care workers are no where near as well-trained as they were prior to the pandemic.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:14 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,433,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
Come to California.

Meanwhile, in California, I am patiently waiting for NYC covid numbers to go down so I can eat pizza and bagels and walk the streets (photography and exploration). I am okay with not being able to get into restaurants and sights - I just want to experience the city and walk around.
Yeah come visit us we have 50% rednecks walking around no mask will never wear one inside or outside. A real gem of American Freedom Fighters.

You can hurt yourself and others all you want out here.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:34 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,676,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I reread his post and he never said anything about vaccinations or proof of vaccinations.

Not sure where you are coming from.
Okay, I'm sorry English isn't your first language. The topic of this thread is leaving NYC over Vax Mandate.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:48 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,741,767 times
”I served overseas in 4 countries with very real, very deadly oppressive regimes”

If you actually served in the armed forces, you were already mandatorily vaccinated for a whole range of things. Lined up and stuck. If a vax mandate is your measure of oppressiveness, too late!

Old 12-16-2021, 01:56 PM

1,428 posts, read 729,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Yeah come visit us we have 50% rednecks walking around no mask will never wear one inside or outside. A real gem of American Freedom Fighters.

You can hurt yourself and others all you want out here.
You wear a mask outside? Why?

Old 12-16-2021, 01:57 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,331,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
You wear a mask outside? Why?
If I happen to be in a crowd of people outside, I do

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-16-2021, 02:01 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,985,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
”I served overseas in 4 countries with very real, very deadly oppressive regimes”

If you actually served in the armed forces, you were already mandatorily vaccinated for a whole range of things. Lined up and stuck. If a vax mandate is your measure of oppressiveness, too late!
I don't expect you to know or care about the difference, but I volunteered to join the military. Aka, I agreed to and signed a contract to follow such diktats.

I've made no such contract with the City Council of NYC. As such, their diktats are unacceptable to me and I moved. Free thinking is still allowed in this country.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City