Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 08:08 PM

38 posts, read 43,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
So as I never get tried of saying on City-Data, I've lived in NYC, Boston, Austin, and now Virginia.

My two cents is find the job first and move to it. Most of the country is pretty homogeneous so you'll be find anywhere.
Oh, certainly -- I hope, anyway! But I was wondering where to begin looking.

Between Boston, Austin, and Ginny, where do you reckon to offer the most NYC-like cornucopia of entry-level opportunities??

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
What are you doing how? What do you want to do?
I do eBay listings for a small but successful reseller. It's a bit of a "thing" but by no means a really marketable skill.

The main thing about my situation now is that I have a lot of autonomy. It's really something to be able to set one's own pace and not be second-guessed and micro-managed! I normally wouldn't even mind the jab though I am hesitant partly because this will never end and I don't intend on getting boosters for the rest of my life and partly because the libs are such scum about this nonsense -- this isn't something that was ever going to be winnable:

1) There was never a chance of coming up with a vax in time to outpace the vrius' natural evolution (most microbes spawn a new generation in mere days [some in just twenty minutes] while for us it's twenty years).

2) Even if they could produce a vax a sec it would take thirty-two years, seven months, nine days, and like sixteen hours to make a billion doses...and there would be nine to ten billion people on earth by that time.

3) If your plan calls for everyone in the world doing exactly as you say (i.e., perfect compliance a.k.a. herding cats), then it's not a plan!

Old 12-16-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post

OP, good luck finding the economic opportunities of NYC anywhere else that isn't equally blue. That's like saying, "I want to leave my girlfriend for someone else; I'm not picky, so long as she's as beautiful as Beyonce."
LOL how parochial for a denizen of a world capital!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Especially if you aren't capable of working out that if you were born in the US, you yourself were mandatorily vaccinated with half a dozen vaccines already.
I'm not actually against vaccines (may Jonas Salk rest in peace)...just against this Plandemic Theater. That's your religion, not mine -- I'm an atheist, thank God.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSurfer123 View Post
I am in a similar position as New2Invest and decided it is time to move away from this. Everything has been sectioned into social categories and criteria and if you are not in the right spot you can be held back and disadvantaged.

There are some groups of people doing better then ever and good for them. The social and class systems are rigged for helping some groups while harming others. Skin color is an unrelenting issue with just about everything.

The range of health care that I receive in NYC has deteriorated. Health care workers are no where near as well-trained as they were prior to the pandemic.
Hmm...well, where are you looking to go? Why? And what exactly is prompting your move? For me it's strictly De Bozo's political ploy of a mandate which Adams seems likely to upkeep but you make reference to a whole number of other things -- care to elaborate, please?

Old 12-16-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Yeah come visit us we have 50% rednecks walking around no mask will never wear one inside or outside. A real gem of American Freedom Fighters.

You can hurt yourself and others all you want out here.
No one is hurting you. That's all in your own head.

When the Buddha's monks were out collecting their daily alms one time, they were set upon by folks throwing stones at them. The monks returned to the monastery and reported what their enemies had done. The Buddha admonished them to meditate some more, explaining that they had no enemies.

This Plandemic Theater is just 9/11 for liberals.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Okay, I'm sorry English isn't your first language. The topic of this thread is leaving NYC over Vax Mandate.
You should feel sorry for yourself that understanding doesn't come easily for you despite plain English; viz., De Bozo's political ploy for liberal dollars for a gubernatorial campaign using people's livelihoods as bait (companies being threatened with fines for unvaxed employees).

It's not that I can't make it here. It's that this once tough town has become a place for softies afraid of the air, forcing someone like myself who keeps to himself to go through the motions of hygiene theater to placate the neuroses of liberals and degenerates -- literally have vapers and smokers hastily mask up as I approach on the street.

Surely the fall of Rome is not too far off now.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
You wear a mask outside? Why?
It's an otherwise interesting bit of human neurological wiring -- interesting but for the fact that it's irritating to have to humor such neurotics.! (now by legal mandate!)..we all know about the "religulous" rituals of Religion but now it's Science's turn to prove that it, too, is but a human endeavor in the end and that it, too, shall suffer the sways of human madness.

Our brains reify abstractions...we have gas, bloating from beans, but our minds will construct a fantasy that we're suffering from an undeserved evil and immediately serve up the rationale and an enemy responsible...it's why people see Jesus or Mary in clouds and why liberals see viruses hovering around unmasked people like demons.

People keep screaming "Science" without realizing they've simply reclassified their superstitions.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If I happen to be in a crowd of people outside, I do
If they fart it's not like you won't smell it.

Something dead from deep inside that guy's anus is now in your nose and lungs. How did your mask protect you? How did it help him?

This is theater, plain and simple.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Oklahoma was recently rated the number one state for health freedom. New York was in last place and Califoria was 49th(No surpises there).

https://meganredshaw.substack.com/p/...ive-in-move-to

"Oklahoma is tops in literally every category and no other state comes close. Oklahoma has religious, philosophical, and medical vaccine exemptions, great homeschooling and medical freedoms,

Businesses are open, masks are not required"
Yeah, hope the OK National Guard wins. Another vote for the Sooner State! I think I really will start looking there first!!

Old 12-16-2021, 09:02 PM

34,168 posts, read 47,407,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Invest View Post
If they fart it's not like you won't smell it.

Something dead from deep inside that guy's anus is now in your nose and lungs. How did your mask protect you? How did it help him?

This is theater, plain and simple.
Which one's bigger, a fart particle or a covid particle? Do you know? I don't. So maybe you do. Post a link? For the audience. So we can see if it really protects or not.

Talk the talk, walk the walk

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-16-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's not ideal, but it was the best choice since I am bound to this area because I would never leave my kids. It is far better than NYC though.

Yes, but just curious: Where would you be if you didn't have kids or they would happily go wherever you want?

I actually knew about your reasons for being in Jersey but it just occurred to me I never heard you talk about where you'd reside in your retirement if not for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City