Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 06:49 AM

168 posts, read 41,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
That article states cloth masks only work to instill fear about covid, but the CDC told us cloth masks don't work as well as N95's, but of course the N95's aren't mentioned by the journalist because they do worK. Covering the eyes gives more protection along with the mask.

I don't live far from the area you mentioned, and the new covid cases I've heard about are coming from schools and day care centers. When I went out today I saw many people wearing masks when they were alone walking, waiting for the bus, etc., it made me feel proud to live here when I saw them taking precautions, it's better for everyone.
Cloth masks do absolutely nothing. N95, KN95, and K95 masks do a little more than next to nothing. Read the studies and stop listening to Fauci. Fauci, originally, told the sheep not to wear a mask; then he said to wear a mask; then he said not to wear a mask; then he said to wear two masks. For those keeping score at home, I lost track of where we are now? Masks? Two masks? Hazmat suits? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 07:21 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
You guys seem to act as if getting Covid is fun or something. I never enjoyed getting sick with the cold or flu, so why on earth would I want to get Covid?
There is a big difference between the risk of getting what amounts to a cold with the fun of a positive Covid test thrown in, and getting something you could easily die of, as was the case in February-April 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
Probably should wear a hazmat suit. Better safe than sorry.
SCUBA gear would also do.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:24 AM

168 posts, read 41,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There is a big difference between the risk of getting what amounts to a cold with the fun of a positive Covid test thrown in, and getting something you could easily die of, as was the case in February-April 2020.
SCUBA gear + hazmat suit + mask = Typical New York sheep-think

Old 05-16-2022, 08:31 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There are people that have lingering coughs, raspy voice, and distorted/loss of taste & smell that can last for months on end, and in rare cases, can remain permanent.

We don't know much about this virus considering it's only been around for a couple of years, so we don't know the lasting effects it can have on people that have gotten it. I wouldn't fool around with this kind of virus. You don't know what permanent damage it can do.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:55 AM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times
Quote:
There are people that have lingering coughs, raspy voice, and distorted/loss of taste & smell that can last for months on end, and in rare cases, can remain permanent.

We don't know much about this virus considering it's only been around for a couple of years, so we don't know the lasting effects it can have on people that have gotten it. I wouldn't fool around with this kind of virus. You don't know what permanent damage it can do.
The reason I am happy I caught it is because it provides immunity, super immunity from what the latest data shows.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/omic...report-2979451

You went from fearing dying due to covid two years ago, to being scared of getting a raspy voice.

But you just want to be scared no matter what. Nothing will change your mind.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:15 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
My friend is 90 yrs. old, has all his covid shots, recently went to the doctor for check-up but forgot his mask.
There was a patient in the waiting room coughing and sneezing and he was so sorry he left his mask home. No harm in carrying one even if you choose not to wear it all the time.

I feel so much better wearing one regularly, it not only protects against covid, but also the flu, contagious pneumonia, allergies, gas fumes, etc.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:22 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:

I always have leftover coughs and a raspy voice after a cold for months. Same old same old. If you want to panic, it's on you. It's very hard to tell someone who insists on panic, or persisting in a narrative, to stop. When a lifeguard grapples with a panicky rescue, does he or she argue? I highly doubt it.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:28 AM

1,060 posts, read 549,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
SCUBA gear + hazmat suit + mask = Typical New York sheep-think
I keep thinking people like that will someday be lingering away in a nursing home thinking "I should have let covid get me."

Old 05-16-2022, 09:36 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
I keep thinking people like that will someday be lingering away in a nursing home thinking "I should have let covid get me."
It's true, no matter how well protected we are from covid, we'll all still die eventually from something and become just a memory for the few remaining loved ones who cared about us.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:05 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
The reason I am happy I caught it is because it provides immunity, super immunity from what the latest data shows.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/omic...report-2979451

You went from fearing dying due to covid two years ago, to being scared of getting a raspy voice.

But you just want to be scared no matter what. Nothing will change your mind.
So why did Jen Psaki and Savannah Guthrie catch it twice? Keep in mind those two had natural immunity PLUS vaccine immunity and still caught it twice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cond-time.html

https://www.today.com/health/health/...d-19-rcna27683
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City