Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 12:30 PM

168 posts, read 41,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Dude, there were health care workers crying on the news because they are experiencing something that they have never experienced throughout their career. So are these health care workers in on these fallacies and making this all up???
It's people like you that ran to the hospital because you thought you may have COVID. No emergency. Just ran to the hospital. The hysteria caused any sort of backlog at the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Let me make myself clear.... I don't want to catch ANYTHING! I don't want the cold, the flu, Covid, pneumonia, or any other infectious disease that is roaming around out there. Pre-2020, I used to think the flu and cold were unavoidable because I tried to sleep well, take vitamin C, wash my hands and stay away from people that are sick. I did everything possible and STILL caught the cold every damn year! I even used to get the flu shot every Fall and still ended up catching the flu from time to time.

Now that I haven't caught a single cold in 2.5 years ever since wearing a mask, I now know that it's possible to live a sick-free life. You may think it feels nice not wearing a mask on your face, but for me, it feels even nicer not getting sick and being in bed with head congestion, runny nose and coughing.
Why stop at a mask? Wear a hazmat suit, right? Better safe than sorry I always say!

Old 05-16-2022, 12:39 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,421,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
But masks do nothing.
How do you know? How is it possible that something covering the nose and mouth (the entrance way for viruses to get into your system) does absolutely nothing? That's very hard to believe.

Cloth masks, yes, they do nothing. Since the air just seeps right through the cloth. And even surgical masks are becoming questionable due to how highly contagious Omicron is. But a high quality KN95 mask definitely blocks out a lot. Is it 100%? No, nothing is. But just because a bullet proof vest is not 100% either, it doesn't mean they don't provide protection.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
If you try to avoid everything your body will forget how to fight off common diseases. When you do inevitably get sick again you will be worse off because your immune system was sleeping for years.

But do you.
That is not true. The more you get sick, the more damage you can do to your body! And yes, even getting the cold and flu too often can do some serious damage!

Old 05-16-2022, 12:55 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,047,195 times
Quote:
That is not true. The more you get sick, the more damage you can do to your body! And yes, even getting the cold and flu too often can do some serious damage!
That's partly true, but also the way vaccines work is by introducing the immune system with a certain pathogen so that it will know what to do if it becomes infected with that pathogen. Therefore, we do become resistant to certain illnesses when exposed.

Old 05-16-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
How do you know? How is it possible that something covering the nose and mouth (the entrance way for viruses to get into your system) does absolutely nothing? That's very hard to believe.

Cloth masks, yes, they do nothing. Since the air just seeps right through the cloth. And even surgical masks are becoming questionable due to how highly contagious Omicron is. But a high quality KN95 mask definitely blocks out a lot. Is it 100%? No, nothing is. But just because a bullet proof vest is not 100% either, it doesn't mean they don't provide protection.
Read the studies. Masks, of any kind, do NOTHING!

You're right. Why aren't you wearing a bullet-proof vest?

Old 05-16-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Read the studies. Masks, of any kind, do NOTHING!

You're right. Why aren't you wearing a bullet-proof vest?

Actually, I did read the studies. Not sure what "studies" you are reading. In fact, I've read studies where they actually tested both real KN95 masks and counterfeit KN95 masks and the difference was quite astounding. And this goes back to what I said about doing research.

I can guarantee you that at least 90% of people out there aren't wearing the proper masks. And that's why people think they "do nothing."

Old 05-16-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That's partly true, but also the way vaccines work is by introducing the immune system with a certain pathogen so that it will know what to do if it becomes infected with that pathogen. Therefore, we do become resistant to certain illnesses when exposed.

Here's an interesting article that just got released today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/16/h...infection.html

The central problem is that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people. Already, those infected with the first Omicron variant are reporting second infections with the newer versions of the variant — BA.2 or BA2.12.1 in the United States, or BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa.

Those people may go on to have third or fourth infections, even within this year, researchers said in interviews. And some small fraction may have symptoms that persist for months or years, a condition known as long Covid.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:44 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
Well you wife must be in the minority. Because the common cold doesn't overrun hospitals. Covid does. Remember the time when we needed that hospital ship because our hospitals were filled at capacity? Has the common cold ever caused that?
It's not 2020. Hospitals aren't being overwhelmed from covid or even remotely close to being overwelmed.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:46 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
You mean the hospital ship that remained empty? That one?

Hospitals were never overrun. That's all a fallacy. They were burdened with chicken-littles running to the hospital just because they thought they may have COVID. Fauci, et al caused mass hysteria. Most fell for it. I didn't.
In fairness early on this was a legitimate fear. It was better to be safe than sorry with that ship. We knew almost nothing about covid then.

2 years later it's comical for him to talk about covid overwhelming hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City