Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 06:28 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,750,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
This is why if you ever tell my mom that you don't wear a mask because you can't breathe, she will go nuts on you! She says if she can breath with 3 masks, then people can certainly breathe wearing one mask!
Tell your mom I can't breathe with one N95 on, so I don't stay in the stores too long. I mostly get home delivery from Costco and Amazon. I always go out with the mask, sunglasses, and hat, I gave up on the gloves but as soon as I get in the car I use hand sanitizer. Last year I brought my car to the shop, I was the only one wearing a mask. I was going to bring Lysol to spray in my car in case the mechanic went in it, and he did, but I forgot the spray. Wouldn't you know a few months after I had my car serviced my mechanic and another guy from that shop died from covid? That close call scared the heck out of me!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wp169; 05-16-2022 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 06:45 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
We've already unleashed the virus all over the world and it's already out of control.
Again, China. Not "We". China released it.

And now I think you are just trolling.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:45 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Those are accidents. Not wearing a mask is ASKING for Covid. There's ZERO excuse to catch Covid. Wear a GOOD QUALITY mask, social distance, and do not visit relatives/friends for now and if you must do so, do it in an outdoor setting. THAT'S IT! That's all you have to do and if those three things are done, your chances of catching Covid is extremely extremely low.
In other words, lock down forever.

Quote:
Let me make myself clear.... I don't want to catch ANYTHING! I don't want the cold, the flu, Covid, pneumonia, or any other infectious disease that is roaming around out there. Pre-2020, I used to think the flu and cold were unavoidable because I tried to sleep well, take vitamin C, wash my hands and stay away from people that are sick. I did everything possible and STILL caught the cold every damn year! I even used to get the flu shot every Fall and still ended up catching the flu from time to time.

Now that I haven't caught a single cold in 2.5 years ever since wearing a mask, I now know that it's possible to live a sick-free life. You may think it feels nice not wearing a mask on your face, but for me, it feels even nicer not getting sick and being in bed with head congestion, runny nose and coughing.
If you're scared, lock yourself down. Don't make me lock down.

Old 05-16-2022, 07:00 PM

3,496 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In other words, lock down forever.
No, no.... just no. Now you're putting words into my mouth. Just until the virus goes away. And yes, you're going to ask when is it going away? I don't know. No one knows. But it WILL go away; this is where you need to be patient.

You can say, what if it never goes away? Well what if I go into law or medical school and fail? Does that mean I shouldn't try? All we have to do is try. Saying I don't know when it will go away, it might not go away and thus, we should just give up and let this virus spread is a terrible way to go.

Quote:
If you're scared, lock yourself down. Don't make me lock down.
It's not so much about being scared, but moreso about preventing this terrible disease from spreading and causing more deaths. Dude, we just reached a horrific milestone of 1 million deaths!! And people here say it's not deadly?? Come on!

Old 05-16-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Again, China. Not "We". China released it.

And now I think you are just trolling.
Yeah, and last I checked the USA was WAYYYYY more cases than China. In fact, the USA has the most Covid cases of the entire globe. Which means, Americans have acted the more recklessly throughout this whole pandemic.

Yes, China released it, but to date, they only have 221,955 total Covid cases. We have 84 million! That's really insane!

But ok, I'll give you the mic. Since you know more, please tell me.... how do we stop Covid from spreading and bring this pandemic down to a close? If masks, social distancing and staying at home don't work. Then what's your plan? I'm listening...

Old 05-16-2022, 07:06 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Yeah, and last I checked the USA was WAYYYYY more cases than China. In fact, the USA has the most Covid cases of the entire globe. Which means, Americans have acted the more recklessly throughout this whole pandemic.

Yes, China released it, but to date, they only have 221,955 total Covid cases. We have 84 million! That's really insane!
So when is your move to China?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No, no.... just no. Now you're putting words into my mouth. Just until the virus goes away. And yes, you're going to ask when is it going away? I don't know. No one knows. But it WILL go away; this is where you need to be patient.
The Spanish Flu hasn't gone away 104 years later; its just the seasonal flu bug.

Old 05-16-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
The Spanish Flu hasn't gone away 104 years later; its just the seasonal flu bug.

Ok, so I'll ask the same question I just asked Werdywerd. How do we stop the spread of Covid? What's your idea?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I'll ask the same question I just asked Werdywerd. How do we stop the spread of Covid? What's your idea?
Seriously, let it go "mild." Note I didn't say wild but same idea. Let it rip!

Old 05-16-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Seriously, let it go "mild." Note I didn't say wild but same idea. Let it rip!

But that's what I don't get. Why can't we just stop the spread altogether?

Think about it simply here. If I am the only person in the world with Covid and I quarantine myself and don't spread to anyone.... problem solved. The virus can no longer find a host and replicate. Covid has ended with me! But the thing is, everyone out there with Covid is letting it rip, as you said, and spreading it to everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City