Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2022, 06:04 AM

168 posts, read 41,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Then I'm surprised that our "experts" didn't think about that if that is the way it's been for every pandemic in history.
Experts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 08:08 AM

3,517 posts, read 1,421,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
Is the common cold going away? This virus isn't going away. So you mean LOCK IT DOWN FOREVER so you can feel safe when there is no safety. I, for one, will NEVER EVER EVER comply!
Remember when Biden began his presidency and asked everyone to wear a mask for 100 days? That's all people had to do to put the pandemic to a close. We didn't have to wear a mask forever... ONLY for 100 days! That's it! But people refused to do it for political reasons and that's why we're still in this pandemic and need to wear a mask forever.

Old 05-17-2022, 08:26 AM

3,741 posts, read 3,479,644 times
Here you go for people still in the past, two actual DOCTORS talking about Covid and Masking just posted TWO Days ago. Modern information on the current Covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_AVF-PZ27Q

Old 05-17-2022, 08:28 AM

3,741 posts, read 3,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Report of two more variants of Omicron in South Africa, called BA-4 and BA-5, expected to soon be greeting us in North America.
These variants are particularly good at evading our "immunity."

So don't throw away your mask stockpile quite yet.
And now talk about how weak BA4 and BA5 are

If we gave numbers to every cold variant we get, it would be the same thing

Old 05-17-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Remember when Biden began his presidency and asked everyone to wear a mask for 100 days? That's all people had to do to put the pandemic to a close. We didn't have to wear a mask forever... ONLY for 100 days! That's it! But people refused to do it for political reasons and that's why we're still in this pandemic and need to wear a mask forever.
Everyone in New York City listened and New York has the worst infection rate.

So just keep on obeying. I won't.

Live you life already. Jeez.

Old 05-17-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not in any pandemic and I don't wear a mask. So there's that.

Have fun wearing a hazmat suit and a bullet-proof vest for the rest of your life.

I will not comply!

Old 05-17-2022, 09:15 AM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
2 weeks to slow the spread

People took this way more seriously in 2020
Even states like Florida shut down early on
Vegas was closed for months

You actually think if everyone wore masks for 100 days a year later this would be over?

It's never going away!
But it's going to get milder and milder.

As an aside always be leery of people spouting off round numbers as though they have any significance

100 days was based in what exactly? Why not 98 days or 102 days?

The other good one was some July 4th cutoff to hit some vaccine threshold so we could declare "independence" from covid

Give me a break

And btw I doubt Biden remembers saying that and why do you care about what any politician says about anything ever?It's just noise.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:20 AM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
And now talk about how weak BA4 and BA5 are

If we gave numbers to every cold variant we get, it would be the same thing
Exactly

Early on we were told hospitalization numbers but they don't do that anymore bc hospitalizations are way down

Total number of covid cases doesn't mean anything in a vacuum bc different strains have been very different from each other

If somehow we get a variant that threatens overwhelming hospitals then we have a problem
But that's not happening and is extremely unlikely to happen at this point

If the original covid was as mild as 2022 covid we wouldn't have shut down for one day and nobody would have been worried about it at all.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
2 weeks to slow the spread

People took this way more seriously in 2020
Even states like Florida shut down early on
Vegas was closed for months

You actually think if everyone wore masks for 100 days a year later this would be over?

It's never going away!
But it's going to get milder and milder.

As an aside always be leery of people spouting off round numbers as though they have any significance

100 days was based in what exactly? Why not 98 days or 102 days?

The other good one was some July 4th cutoff to hit some vaccine threshold so we could declare "independence" from covid

Give me a break

And btw I doubt Biden remembers saying that and why do you care about what any politician says about anything ever?It's just noise.
Don't forget about 6 feet social distancing. Where did they come up with 6 feet? It has been determined that the so-called "experts" just PLUCKED THAT NUMBER OUT OF THIN AIR!

This whole COVID nonsense has been blown way, way, WAY out of proportion.

People are STILL listening to the so-called "experts," the same people who just MADE UP most of these "rules and regulations."

It's a fascinating study in human sheeplike behavior. It is TRULY amazing.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:10 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,235,721 times
I wanna wear a mask FOREVER !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City