Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 01:21 PM

2,317 posts, read 1,155,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
What about taking an express bus? I have not had problems on those so far (I had taken them up until midnight a few times, though not typically after 9 pm). Staying alive and unharmed is probably worth extra $3.50 per ride, no?

Express bus routes don't exist in every outer-boro neighborhood. But yes they are a much safer more comfortable way to get to/from Manhattan if you live near an express bus route. Staten Island has at least one 24/7 express bus route, the SIM1C/Hylan Blvd route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 01:53 PM

3,235 posts, read 1,687,994 times
It seems like the 3 guys were working together. The one guy on the left tries to get my attention or hold me and the guy on the right didn't get to me quickly enough. The guy behind me tries to take my backpack and I was alert enough to move away. Since all 3 guys were not bigger than me they backed off.

I was ready for whatever they were trying but seeing they had not coordinated properly they went for some other people. But I imagine this kind of stuff is how many people get robbed.

Old 02-16-2023, 05:17 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,693,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I was in Jackson Heights to see a relative at the Hospital and went to take a train after 10pm. I suddenly got mobbed by 2-3 people talking crap and looking mentally unstable. I bumped one of the guy away who is shorter than me but he could've had a knife. Another clown came up to me from behind and said some gibberish. A lot of bystanders looked on with alarm and fear in their eyes and I shoved another guy away from me who was rubbing my back like he wanted to strip my backpack away. I walked up the stairs and saw MTA workers standing upstairs cleaning but no cops ever came down. The place was well lit and had cameras. But these clowns started roaming up and down the platform harassing other people. These 2 women had to quickly run up next to me to avoid being harassed.
I don't quite get your point. Any place can be "super unsafe" at any given moment. Even outdoors in bright sunlight.

Glad you're okay, though.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:18 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,734,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I recall woke white transplants coming here from the midwest, where they would be political outcasts, yearning for the "edgy" days of NY in the mid 2010s. Incidentally the same people who are diehard woke warriors for the dim party.

It's really hard to feel sorry for those people who keep voting for the party of crime and drugs, the dims, when they fall victim to their own stupidity. I do feel sorry for myself and the other rational NYers who have a stake in this city.
True but don't forget the real power center for woke infestation is middle aged white progressive women UWS/UES. This group especially has done the most damage to this country

Old 02-21-2023, 09:23 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,893,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Catch and release gets you this...

Blame Cruella DeVille and her cronies in the NYS Legislature
There is a resemblance but the character was much taller

Old 02-21-2023, 09:25 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,893,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I don't quite get your point. Any place can be "super unsafe" at any given moment. Even outdoors in bright sunlight.

Glad you're okay, though.
The point is nobody should be riding the subway late at night until the safety issues are resolved.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:38 AM

978 posts, read 677,033 times
OP, you are wrong. It’s merely a perception…. Lol

Old 02-21-2023, 10:05 AM

34,106 posts, read 47,338,050 times
The subway has never been "safe" to ride late at night

You always have to take precaution when riding during off-peak hours

Doing anything outside during off-peak hours requires a bit of extra vigilance

That's how it's always been

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-21-2023, 11:15 AM

5,842 posts, read 2,961,655 times
Wow. Seventh is correct.
You must be prepared for a bit of rape, robbery, gun clapping and some smell of weed and poop.
But look at it this way, some people actually pay big bucks for that sort of experience.
Especially after 8 pm.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:43 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,155,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Wow. Seventh is correct.
You must be prepared for a bit of rape, robbery, gun clapping and some smell of weed and poop.
But look at it this way, some people actually pay big bucks for that sort of experience.
Especially after 8 pm.

Location! Location! Location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: