Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 06:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 1,764,627 times

Advertisements

I was in Jackson Heights to see a relative at the Hospital and went to take a train after 10pm. I suddenly got mobbed by 2-3 people talking crap and looking mentally unstable. I bumped one of the guy away who is shorter than me but he could've had a knife. Another clown came up to me from behind and said some gibberish. A lot of bystanders looked on with alarm and fear in their eyes and I shoved another guy away from me who was rubbing my back like he wanted to strip my backpack away. I walked up the stairs and saw MTA workers standing upstairs cleaning but no cops ever came down. The place was well lit and had cameras. But these clowns started roaming up and down the platform harassing other people. These 2 women had to quickly run up next to me to avoid being harassed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 04:13 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,021,121 times
Anything can pop off at any given time. In the evening or night even more so.
One should not take such risks in NYC. Take Uber.

Unless you are an ultra liberal, in which case, subway for you at all times please.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:51 AM

43,861 posts, read 44,629,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I was in Jackson Heights to see a relative at the Hospital and went to take a train after 10pm. I suddenly got mobbed by 2-3 people talking crap and looking mentally unstable. I bumped one of the guy away who is shorter than me but he could've had a knife. Another clown came up to me from behind and said some gibberish. A lot of bystanders looked on with alarm and fear in their eyes and I shoved another guy away from me who was rubbing my back like he wanted to strip my backpack away. I walked up the stairs and saw MTA workers standing upstairs cleaning but no cops ever came down. The place was well lit and had cameras. But these clowns started roaming up and down the platform harassing other people. These 2 women had to quickly run up next to me to avoid being harassed.
At which station was this exactly? I have taken on occasion the 7 train from 90th St (& also changed trains at 74th Street/Roosevelt) after 10 PM and not had a problem so far such as you describe.

Old 02-12-2023, 09:12 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,267,062 times
Stupid NY’ers voted for this. Before and a little after deBlasio came into office, the city and subways were super safe. So safe that many here even yearned for the bad old days because things were too boring. Now they are getting what they want. LOL at the Democrat worshipping suckers.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:15 PM

1,052 posts, read 456,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Stupid NY’ers voted for this. Before and a little after deBlasio came into office, the city and subways were super safe. So safe that many here even yearned for the bad old days because things were too boring. Now they are getting what they want. LOL at the Democrat worshipping suckers.
I recall woke white transplants coming here from the midwest, where they would be political outcasts, yearning for the "edgy" days of NY in the mid 2010s. Incidentally the same people who are diehard woke warriors for the dim party.

It's really hard to feel sorry for those people who keep voting for the party of crime and drugs, the dims, when they fall victim to their own stupidity. I do feel sorry for myself and the other rational NYers who have a stake in this city.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:42 AM

16,202 posts, read 6,947,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Well done...........You get what you vote for....

Old 02-13-2023, 10:15 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,085,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I recall woke white transplants coming here from the midwest, where they would be political outcasts, yearning for the "edgy" days of NY in the mid 2010s. Incidentally the same people who are diehard woke warriors for the dim party.

It's really hard to feel sorry for those people who keep voting for the party of crime and drugs, the dims, when they fall victim to their own stupidity. I do feel sorry for myself and the other rational NYers who have a stake in this city.
The transplants migrate here from other States but when the crap hits the fan, they all have a cozy place to run back to. Meanwhile, the rest of us who were either born here or who have lived here for a very long time have to put up with this kind of crime, mandates, etc. (fill in the blank)

Old 02-13-2023, 11:36 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,742,559 times
Catch and release gets you this...

Blame Cruella DeVille and her cronies in the NYS Legislature

Old 02-13-2023, 12:21 PM

3,381 posts, read 1,764,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
At which station was this exactly? I have taken on occasion the 7 train from 90th St (& also changed trains at 74th Street/Roosevelt) after 10 PM and not had a problem so far such as you describe.
This was at the Roosevelt station while I was waiting for an E train. Getting on the E train was another problem, every car had at least 1-2 smelly homeless persons inside. I have taken subways late night many times in the past but this was by far the worst experience.

Old 02-13-2023, 12:43 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,966,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
This was at the Roosevelt station while I was waiting for an E train. Getting on the E train was another problem, every car had at least 1-2 smelly homeless persons inside. I have taken subways late night many times in the past but this was by far the worst experience.
I'm glad that you made it out okay. Definitely try to avoid taking the subways if you can. LIRR/MNR are better options, or else Uber is the way to go. I spend tons of money ubering around for this very reason. It's a terrible situation in the subways,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: