Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 08:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocashdrink View Post
Ah no Mr. Retardyu, the Marine did the right thing. How about don't cause a disturbance and don't f--k with people that did nothing to you?

If the thug only made the comment about needing food and water, then the Marine would be wrong. Instead the guy started making threats at people
They're not going to find 12 people to agree to put this guy away. Hung jury at best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 09:49 PM

5,130 posts, read 4,974,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Thank you, my love. Yes, I’m a keto-gut microbiome enthusiast. Keeping one’s weight and mental health at healthy and optimal levels has a lot to do with avoiding processed foods and anything high on the glycemic index which triggers either cortisol or insulin - both anabolic/growth hormones. I don’t want to get too into it but that’s all one has to do to keep a normal weight (and mental health). The brain has its own flora and microbiome which can be damaged by poor nutrition and processed foods.
First, you are not so bright in siding with a dead perp who was acting out to threat the safety of others on the train… if he didn’t have a long proven record of criminal activities in his young life, I would have spoken out for him… but his savage life history to date begs for a quick ending to his unworthy life. I am delighted that happened!

Second, you seem to be wasting your time and energy chasing some bogus health and nutrition theories. I applaud your being mindful about your diet and health. But the validity of the keto diet and microbiota theory is unproven. Both are speculative with limited or conflicting evidence at this stage, and will more likely turn out to be jokes decade later. It is foolish to take them seriously before they are proven to be relevant. Avoid processed food as you are doing, cook your own meals as often as you can with fresh, balanced ingredients and moderate sugar/salt/alcohol, no sweet drinks but drinking a gallon+ plain water per day. These simple time-tested steps will help you stay physically healthy. More importantly, finding yourself a male/female partner will help you achieve emotional/psychological health. CDC recently announced that lonesome lifestyle has emerged as a leading health risk for Americans.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:02 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
They're not going to find 12 people to agree to put this guy away. Hung jury at best
I don't know. He's the wrong race, so he might be done for.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:10 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,154,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Lots of people on here licking their lips, just love some killing...opinion opinion opinions...

That Hero looks like a gentrifier ,or off duty something. He dont look like hes from around here. Nah. Sloppy too!

If he knew a chock hold. He could have used another technical move to immobilize the EDP. Chock hold between the jaws has the same effect as over the throat (pain) ,but wont kill him.

I From the old ways, a 3 minute head lock, or some other jimmy snuka move would have zipped that mouth shut quick. Oh well...
Plot twist!!!

Mr Headlock real name is Daniel Perry Jr. Son of NYPD Colonel of same name...The NYT and everyone else let him walk because of ???? ...the eric garner chokehold makes sense now...

and they want to make this about as political as one can make it!!! Perry lawyered up with lawyer who did Not get elected for DA of Manhattan ,in which Bragg won.

And the news continues...

Old 05-05-2023, 10:48 PM

34,070 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Nothing good comes out of people dying.
One man is dead. Another possibly go to jail.

If labeled racist incident,riots may ensue.
This can lead to more businesses fleeing N.Y.C.
Defunding the police was not a smart move in a city
of almost over 8 million people with 25% of them
( 1 in 4 Americans ) mentally ill.

You get what you vote for folks, you get what you vote for.
Quantity of Protests depend on how many 50 inch tvs the protestors desire.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:48 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
First, you are not so bright in siding with a dead perp who was acting out to threat the safety of others on the train… if he didn’t have a long proven record of criminal activities in his young life, I would have spoken out for him… but his savage life history to date begs for a quick ending to his unworthy life. I am delighted that happened!

Second, you seem to be wasting your time and energy chasing some bogus health and nutrition theories. I applaud your being mindful about your diet and health. But the validity of the keto diet and microbiota theory is unproven. Both are speculative with limited or conflicting evidence at this stage, and will more likely turn out to be jokes decade later. It is foolish to take them seriously before they are proven to be relevant. Avoid processed food as you are doing, cook your own meals as often as you can with fresh, balanced ingredients and moderate sugar/salt/alcohol, no sweet drinks but drinking a gallon+ plain water per day. These simple time-tested steps will help you stay physically healthy. More importantly, finding yourself a male/female partner will help you achieve emotional/psychological health. CDC recently announced that lonesome lifestyle has emerged as a leading health risk for Americans.
I’m not siding with his actions, I’m siding with justice. If you had a nervous breakdown because God forbid you lost a child, a mother, got fired from your job etc, it wouldn’t be right if someone took your life because you were having a moment of insanity, which by the way, can happen to anyone when they have reached their emotional and mental limits.

As far as my diet or rather habit of eating well, it works for me and that’s what matters. I have no inflammation and my A1Cs are a perfect 4.0. You and others can do what you want and I’ll never criticize as long as I’m left alone. Also, I was married for 12 years and divorced - it’s just not for me. I’m very content being single. I have the support of a network of friends and family and have never been happier.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:58 PM

34,070 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I’m not siding with his actions, I’m siding with justice. If you had a nervous breakdown because God forbid you lost a child, a mother, got fired from your job etc, it wouldn’t be right if someone took your life because you were having a moment of insanity, which by the way, can happen to anyone when they have reached their emotional and mental limits.

As far as my diet or rather habit of eating well, it works for me and that’s what matters. I have no inflammation and my A1Cs are a perfect 4.0. You and others can do what you want and I’ll never criticize as long as I’m left alone. Also, I was married for 12 years and divorced - it’s just not for me. I’m very content being single. I have the support of a network of friends and family and have never been happier.
By the same token, with the actions of Neely seen, if not subdued I doubt all passengers avoid violence. I have seen crazies on subways try to get violent before many times. They were stopped when I saw it, and Thank God, w/o this end result.

This nation needs mental institutions brought back, for the safety of all.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:40 AM

360 posts, read 167,674 times
I was on the fence but have moved to the opinion the world is a better place without the bum.

42 arrests. Including the KIDNAPPING OF A 7 YEAR OLD GIRL. PUNCHING A 67 YEAR OLD WOMAN IN THE HEAD and breaking her orbital eye bone. Both victims were complete strangers.

Meanwhile, the bum's uncle openly admitted his nephew was smoking K2 synthetic weed on the street . He sounded disgusted at how his nephew had become a junkie who refused family help.

Of course, the absent family in life is trying to cash in on his death.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:44 AM

360 posts, read 167,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I don't know. He's the wrong race, so he might be done for.
As I said before, if you're going to charge the marine then charge the other men who held the bum down. At least one is also Black. His identity is public. He even gave a press interview. This isn't a racial issue but a homeless and crazy issue.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:30 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
As I said before, if you're going to charge the marine then charge the other men who held the bum down. At least one is also Black. His identity is public. He even gave a press interview. This isn't a racial issue but a homeless and crazy issue.
It shouldn't be a racist issue, but unfortunately certain groups are trying their darndest to make it one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City