Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 03:46 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times

Advertisements

There has to be more mental facilities.

Last edited by Dave 92 LSC; 05-05-2023 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 04:11 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
This article says that before the Marine took down the guy, the subway doors were open and anyone who was in fear of their safety could just have left the train and/or moved to another car.

Quote:
As discomfiting as such behavior may be for some folks to witness, there has always been a simple and non-violent New York City answer to such encounters. Move to another subway car! (The train was stopped, with the doors open.)

Instead, according to news reports, the ex-marine tackled Neely and put him in a chokehold that lasted about six minutes longer than Derek Chauvin’s knee was pressed on George Floyd’s neck, killing Floyd, in Minneapolis in 2020. He had help from a couple of other men while people were casually milling about and filming as Neely’s life came to an end.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...w-york-society

Old 05-05-2023, 04:37 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
This is why I don't miss taking the NYC subway. NJ Bus, NY Waterway and Uber for me.

Marine dude went overboard with the chokehold and will pay the price due to the video of the incident. Smartphones and social media have completely changed the game in terms of crime, incidents, etc. Also, in the video, it shows the marine dude just standing over the unconscious body of Jordan Neely and not trying to give aid.

I hope marine dude is lawyering up.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:37 PM

82 posts, read 47,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
This article says that before the Marine took down the guy, the subway doors were open and anyone who was in fear of their safety could just have left the train and/or moved to another car.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...w-york-society
Except what many retarded people don't understand is NOT every subway car allows you to move through the doors.

The F line itself uses different rolling stocks on the line. So some doors open and others don't.

Even if the subway cars are open, there is no guarantee the thug would not continue to pursue.

People that don't know how the subway or commuter rail system work, should really get the hell out of NYC cause they are too dumb to live here and are not real New Yorkers.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This is why I don't miss taking the NYC subway. NJ Bus, NY Waterway and Uber for me.

Marine dude went overboard with the chokehold and will pay the price due to the video of the incident. Smartphones and social media have completely changed the game in terms of crime, incidents, etc. Also, in the video, it shows the marine dude just standing over the unconscious body of Jordan Neely and not trying to give aid.

I hope marine dude is lawyering up.
Ah no Mr. Retardyu, the Marine did the right thing. How about don't cause a disturbance and don't f--k with people that did nothing to you?

If the thug only made the comment about needing food and water, then the Marine would be wrong. Instead the guy started making threats at people

Old 05-05-2023, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocashdrink View Post
Ah no Mr. Retardyu, the Marine did the right thing. How about don't cause a disturbance and don't f--k with people that did nothing to you?

If the thug only made the comment about needing food and water, then the Marine would be wrong. Instead the guy started making threats at people
Oh lord you again. Reports state that people in the car didn't fear for their lives. Regular people make "threats" to another people that don't come to amount to anything.

It seems like you have never taken the subway. Faux NYer!

I am guessing if the marine goes to court you will financially help him, right?

Old 05-05-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Oh lord you again. Reports state that people in the car didn't fear for their lives. Regular people make "threats" to another people that don't come to amount to anything.

It seems like you have never taken the subway. Faux NYer!

I am guessing if the marine goes to court you will financially help him, right?
I take the real subway everyday to work, while you and your boyfriend are using the banana boat. You are from NJ, so you are not real New Yorker.

The thug was an adult, not a child. So if an adult is wandering around threatening people, you sow what you reap.

And yes, I will donate to the Marine's GoFundme page just like I donated to the Dominican store owner that stabbed the other thug. You support the drug addicts and pedos(it seems you are experienced in this with boys), I will support the good people.

Last edited by tangocashdrink; 05-05-2023 at 05:06 PM..

Old 05-05-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
There has to be more mental facilities.
As long as they are kept next to AOC's house, I am all for it. Even better, she should take them into her house.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:06 PM

978 posts, read 675,432 times
Marine was a HERO. So sad.

What is the answer? what are WE suppossed to do? Not get involved? for fear of being arrested?

Next time some animal is slugging you, and pedestrians are walking around you, ignoring you, just remember, this is what YOU voted for,.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocashdrink View Post
I take the real subway everyday to work, while you and your boyfriend are using the banana boat. You are from NJ, so you are not real New Yorker idiot.

The thug was an adult, not a child. So if an adult is wandering around threatening people, it's not a good sign.

And yes, I will donate to the Marine's GoFundme page.
Stop projecting your internal desires and wants on me. I lived in NYC for a long time and left for better spot. Once you start making serious $$$ you will understand.

Again, regular adults make "threats" to other people that don't come to amount to anything. Are you saying that a lethal response is warranted for a baseless threat? You don't sound too bright.

Why did you pick the name Tangocashdrink, NYWriterdude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City