Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 07:07 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,026,463 times

Advertisements

I find it very sad that the US has a growing mental health problem. Where did it come from? It’s like an epidemic! I think a lack of family values, spiritually, the garbage people consume for foods and pollution - the latter which act as endocrine disrupters have taken a toll on a persons mental health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 07:29 PM

5,115 posts, read 4,964,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Lol you know so little about me. I’m not fat (never had that problem) and I don’t want a boyfriend (too empowered for that BS). . But you do sound a little off, tho..

I thought you two knew each other well personally to the point you could insult each other for a fun show on a public forum......just curious, do you prefer a GF instead......

Old 05-04-2023, 07:33 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Quote:
I find it very sad that the US has a growing mental health problem. Where did it come from? It’s like an epidemic! I think a lack of family values, spiritually, the garbage people consume for foods and pollution - the latter which act as endocrine disrupters have taken a toll on a persons mental health.
Look, this is it in a nutshell: everyone can’t be saved. Until society accepts this again, learn to deal with it.

Whether by birth, environment, upbringing, or a medical issue, there’s just humans who cannot be assimilated into civil society. Period. That’s the way it is, always has been, and always will be.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-04-2023, 07:44 PM

5,115 posts, read 4,964,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
It’s a very shortsighted way of looking at it. This will do more harm than good. Mark my words. It’s one thing if the guy was carrying a knife, gun, or started to assault a woman or child. Choking someone to death like this only provides ammunition for the other side. I’m not blaming the guy for wanting to help but it was a flat out dumb move which we all will pay for in the long run. This just provides easy ammunition to the already craven scumbags that administrate this city.

In the marine's defense, he likely became mentally disabled when confronted by this deranged perp on the train, which got worse during his long subduing attempt with no help available to make him feel safe to let go of the perp. I wouldn't let go in the marine's situation either until I know I am safe. The judge should take this situational mental disability into consideration if there is a trial. Again, running away from unprovoked aggressors is not a solution strategy to this growing public safety issue in NYC. We need to support the acts of individuals like this marine who are willing to step up and send a deterring message to the thugs and thug-supporting masses out there. I have doubled my weight lifting from today to prepare myself to cope with similar situations when necessary going forward.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:44 PM

82 posts, read 47,356 times
Quote:
Lol you know so little about me. I’m not fat (never had that problem) and I don’t want a boyfriend (too empowered for that BS). . But you do sound a little off, tho..
Oh right, the new woke thing now is "curvy" or "bbw". I get it. Something else to substitute for fat.

But either way, you are the one encouraging drug addiction or allowing drug addicts to attack people. I want people to able to live in peace and defend themselves. Guess we know who sounds a little off.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:55 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times
Yep, here we go again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJI_...heOfficerTatum

Old 05-05-2023, 04:59 AM

2,229 posts, read 770,203 times
Many of the criminals who stormed the US Capitol were part of the Proud Boys, and former marines from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 05-05-2023, 07:57 AM

2,229 posts, read 770,203 times
I spoke with this marine and he told me that he rapes his wife every day and night, like they used to do in Kabul to young women. He was a total mess, and a number of different medications. But he said that Trump is my saviour.

Old 05-05-2023, 07:57 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
The biggest problem with the government is invoking woke policies. Many homeless with mental illness must be hospitalized but we do not have the resources to do so. And the a-hole politicians like AOC is against moving the patients to cheaper places outside of NYC to do so which could weaken her votes. So we're keeping as many mentally ill people roaming around because we lack the resources.

Then we allow progressives who live in the most gentrified areas with a big soap box to make demands to the city to protect these mentally ill and allow them freedom but they will never criticize the police for doing more to protect tax payers.

Where was the outcry so many hard working immigrants were pushed onto tracks, raped, brutally attacked by homeless people??

C'mon we need to to do something about the vagrants instead of chastising people who were committing self defense.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:00 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Look, this is it in a nutshell: everyone can’t be saved. Until society accepts this again, learn to deal with it.

Whether by birth, environment, upbringing, or a medical issue, there’s just humans who cannot be assimilated into civil society. Period. That’s the way it is, always has been, and always will be.
I think we should bring back mental institutions. Just like criminals get locked up and go to prison, so too should people who have shown substantial mental health problems be locked up for their own good but in a more humane way. The person who died should've been in one such psychiatric center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City