Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 07:05 AM

307 posts, read 637,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Scaring people is not the criteria for the death penalty. BTW, can you name a person on the train who said Neely scared the bedickens out of them? The crazy woman in a NYC park over the weekend who pulled a woman by the hair, turned over tables, threw things and lunged at a mother and baby wasn’t even charged with a crime. Neely didn’t do any of that and he wouldn’t have been arrested for his actions if there was a cop on the train before he was killed and he might not even have been sent for a mental evaluation.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/05/woman-...yc-park-video/
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would use the word bedickens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 07:42 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I guess for some people anarchy and disorder are good.
yes, for Marxists who are triggered by reality

Old 06-07-2023, 01:40 PM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1973 View Post
I plead guilty originally to avoid an unprintable word.

Old 06-07-2023, 08:41 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
Scaring people is not the criteria for the death penalty. BTW, can you name a person on the train who said Neely scared the bedickens out of them? The crazy woman in a NYC park over the weekend who pulled a woman by the hair, turned over tables, threw things and lunged at a mother and baby wasn’t even charged with a crime. Neely didn’t do any of that and he wouldn’t have been arrested for his actions if there was a cop on the train before he was killed and he might not even have been sent for a mental evaluation.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/05/woman-...yc-park-video/
Stop using the terminology death penalty. There’s a big difference between getting a death penalty and dying accidentally. A death penalty means that a death sentence has been given to a person. Dying as a result of your own foolish behavior is not a death penalty.

If you decide to walk into a crocodile infested river and you die as a result, it is not a death penalty. This Neely fool was acting every bit of a fool as someone walking into a crocodile infested river. Going around in public threatening people is going to get you beaten or killed sooner or later. It was a white marine this time but it could have been a black or Latino gangbanger the next time that would’ve killed him.

Of course, if that had happened, it would have been shrugged off as another black on black killing and the activists and media would never give it any attention and it wouldn’t have even registered on the radar for sheeple like you.

Old 06-07-2023, 09:24 PM

5,146 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Stop using the terminology death penalty. There’s a big difference between getting a death penalty and dying accidentally. A death penalty means that a death sentence has been given to a person. Dying as a result of your own foolish behavior is not a death penalty.

If you decide to walk into a crocodile infested river and you die as a result, it is not a death penalty. This Neely fool was acting every bit of a fool as someone walking into a crocodile infested river. Going around in public threatening people is going to get you beaten or killed sooner or later. It was a white marine this time but it could have been a black or Latino gangbanger the next time that would’ve killed him.

Of course, if that had happened, it would have been shrugged off as another black on black killing and the activists and media would never give it any attention and it wouldn’t have even registered on the radar for sheeple like you.

Girl, you got that right......
there are these malicious morons who purposefully misuse words to flame anti civilization feelings.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
I've actually never heard that word before lol

Have heard "scared the bejesus" and "scared the dickens" before but never combined

Old 06-08-2023, 10:49 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,090,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
That was easy

https://www.foxnews.com/us/witness-j...iel-penny-hero

"I’m sitting on a train reading my book, and, all of a sudden, I hear someone spewing this rhetoric. He said, ‘I don’t care if I have to kill an F, I will. I’ll go to jail, I’ll take a bullet,’" recalled the woman, who is in her 60s.

"I’m looking at where we are in the tube, in the sardine can, and I’m like, ‘OK, we’re in between stations. There’s nowhere we can go,’" she said. "The people on that train, we were scared. We were scared for our lives."

Serious question, two other people on that train held the miscreant down. They have not been charged. Do you think they should be?
An anonymous ‘witness’ doesn’t count. Who knows if they were really on the train or what their agenda is? If someone was scared for their life then they should come forward, identify themselves and say that on the record. Maybe they will come forward in court but no one has come forward yet.

The two people who assisted the killer marine should not be charged based on what I know about the case. Their actions to hold Neely’s legs did not cause his death. The ex-Marine who was trained in using lethal and non-lethal physical force is the person who killed him.

Old 06-08-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Just quoting the author of the comment in my response. I didn’t introduce the word into the discussion.

Old 06-08-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

When was the last time you were in NYC? You must not be exposed to mentally ill people on the streets if you think loud behavior without them doing anything else warrants a stranger taking them down and choking the life out of them.

Old 06-08-2023, 11:49 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
When was the last time you were in NYC? You must not be exposed to mentally ill people on the streets if you think loud behavior without them doing anything else warrants a stranger taking them down and choking the life out of them.
I admit, I’ve never step foot in NYC and never encountered any mentally ill people in my life. You know them best.

Fact of the matter is that it doesn’t matter if Neely is mentally ill or not. If he is menacing and threatening people, he is putting himself on the line for a beat down. You can’t expect total strangers to be evaluators of someone’s mental capacity. Neely talked tough like he is certainly mentally competent.

As for choking the life out of him, if Neely wasn’t fighting back, the marine may not have had to restraint him as forcefully. The harder you fight someone, the harder that other person thinks he needs to exert force on you. It’s common sense, which I think liberals lack. It’s all about feelings and jumping on the virtual signaling bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City