Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 07:13 PM

59 posts, read 22,039 times

Advertisements

I voted Not Sure because I have no time to really review any of this one in detail, but there is a definite newfound absurdity of black privilege in NYC today and it is scary scary scary.

Black people in NYC are now fully free to menace people especially whites and they are doing it now more than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 07:20 PM

35,140 posts, read 17,096,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoeChip View Post
I voted Not Sure because I have no time to really review any of this one in detail, but there is a definite newfound absurdity of black privilege in NYC today and it is scary scary scary.

Black people in NYC are now fully free to menace people especially whites and they are doing it now more than ever.
This is not new. In 1976 a friend and I were retrieving my car from the parking lot near Lincoln Center. They were taking their sweet time about getting our car. My friend encouraged me to grab the keys and just drive out. My friend remarked on our way out of the lot that “they can get away with this stuff just because they are“ of a certain description. He was one of the first that had the courage to say this.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:46 AM

106,828 posts, read 109,073,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Hope mathjack will excuse himself from serving on the jury if requested…
i have been excused from jury duty permanently so it ain’t happening

Old 05-25-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is the definition of ANARCHO-TYRANNY

People are getting sick of it though, and they won't wait 30 years for a Guilianni to come around again this time. Regular people are going to start losing their minds and it's going to get worse than the 70's/80's until people are completely sick of it and have the common sense to stop going along with this oppressed victim liberation theology and vote these ideologues out of office.

Not optimistic any time soon
And there is a mature Internet to encourage this. Now find the Guiliannis.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:25 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,266,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It would be a crime if he takes a plea. I am glad that there is lots of money pouring in forest defense.
If he can plea down to a misdemeanor, he probably will. It’s a slap on the wrist and he can move on with his life.

Bragg will definitely want to get him on at least a felony.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
If he can plea down to a misdemeanor, he probably will. It’s a slap on the wrist and he can move on with his life.

Bragg will definitely want to get him on at least a felony.
A misdemeanor is hardly a slap on a wrist. A non-criminal violation, maybe. Trust me on that one.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:08 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,988,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
A misdemeanor is hardly a slap on a wrist. A non-criminal violation, maybe. Trust me on that one.
This guy deserves no trial or punishment of any sort at all. A medal with a college scholarship are more appropriate for his risking his safety to remove a trash from the public.

When salaried cops are not watching for your safety, the public depends on civil heroes to stay safe and sound.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:15 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,218,608 times
Former marine subdues menacing man on train ... and goes to prison. Good night children, sleep well.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:30 PM

360 posts, read 168,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
This guy deserves no trial or punishment of any sort at all. A medal with a college scholarship are more appropriate for his risking his safety to remove a trash from the public.

When salaried cops are not watching for your safety, the public depends on civil heroes to stay safe and sound.
Agreed. Why should he plead to anything at all? He should push for full acquittal.

He is not just a marine but a Sargeant. Getting that rank wasn't easy. He put in the hard work to rise up the ranks. Meanwhile the fake Michael Jackson impersonator lacked the willpower to even take a shower.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:02 PM

16,140 posts, read 6,886,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no , i think he had grounds for physical force , not deadly force.

there was no one at that stage who had deadly force attempted on them nor were any weapons even presented

Deadly Force?
There are too many moving parts in this scenario.

It looked like he was alive and breathing when paramedics arrived.
Was his death preventable or hastened because of response, improper care, traffic etc..
What happened between the time paramedics arrived and when he arrived at the hospital?
Everyone and every moment needs to be questioned. Every second on that
clock will be accounted for. This is not a cut and dry case as many believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City