Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 07:29 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times

Advertisements

Now the uncle has been locked up for pickpocketing. Great family there lol
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/jordan...pickpocketing/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 08:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Now the uncle has been locked up for pickpocketing. Great family there lol
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/jordan...pickpocketing/
Runs in the family… Escani correctly pointed this out… what says Pierre now…???

Old 05-23-2023, 08:24 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Runs in the family… Escani correctly pointed this out… what says Pierre now…???
I stand by what I said. You or anyone else would not want to be judged for SOMEONE ELSE'S actions in your family... This is what THIS guy did... Fine... HE should be held accountable.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:42 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
The more I have come to learn about this case, the more I have come down on the side of the former Marine. That said, I haven't voted as I don't think "right" or "wrong" appropriately describes the situation and decision-point in this case. Rather, based on witness statements at the moment, I'm more inclined to note that Perry's behavior was justified and that he should not have been arrested.

Old 05-24-2023, 04:55 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I stand by what I said. You or anyone else would not want to be judged for SOMEONE ELSE'S actions in your family... This is what THIS guy did... Fine... HE should be held accountable.
Credibility has great merit.
Example:

I need to choose a doctor from a list.
I find one doctor practicing for 15 years and I find another doctor practicing for the same amount of time
but who's father was a doctor and who's grandfather was a doctor as well. I am in favor of leaning with
the level of experience that spans generations. This makes sense in most cases requiring little debate.

Same goes for choosing a plumber,electrician,carpenter etc.... a reputable family name carries the
great weight of experience behind it and resulting customer loyalty.

I have been using the same family plumber my grandfather and father used for decades.
I am sure many have similar stories to tell.

Unfortunately.
The reverse can be opined. If criminality runs in the family it only becomes human nature to be
suspicious of that family and I believe incredibly wise. Words are to be taken with a grain of salt
including swearing on a stack of bibles and appearing before a judge.

Consequences? I think so.
In the eyes of Lawyers I believe the credibility of this person ( the pick pocket )
will be well scrutinized if given the chance to appear on the stand.

His days of crying out to the media , in my opinion, are over.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:01 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Poll is looking good.

Public opinion will have an impact and should be greater under more stable democratic institutions.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:08 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Neely’s past history is irrelevant to what happened on the train that day. Penny didn’t know about it and even if he did it didn’t give him the right to choke him to death. If an inmate kills a fellow inmate who was a mass murderer, he is prosecuted for murder. He doesn’t get away with it because the dead inmate was himself a murderer. The only relevant facts in this case are what happened on the train that day.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:37 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
trying to find jurors unbiased may be tough.

and a civil suite is a whole other thing .

all that go fund me money may go to NEELY’s family in a civil suite

Old 05-24-2023, 07:01 AM

360 posts, read 167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Neely’s past history is irrelevant to what happened on the train that day. Penny didn’t know about it and even if he did it didn’t give him the right to choke him to death. If an inmate kills a fellow inmate who was a mass murderer, he is prosecuted for murder. He doesn’t get away with it because the dead inmate was himself a murderer. The only relevant facts in this case are what happened on the train that day.
Penny did not know his SPECIFIC past history but any NYer with 2 brain cells knows most of these homeless nuts likey have extensive criminal records. Moreover, Neely SPECIFICALLY shouted that he was not afraid of jail because he had been there before. he boasted of his criminal record in an attempt to intimidate the passengers. Very similar to the way rappers do it

Old 05-24-2023, 07:04 AM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Certain things are obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City