Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 08:56 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,337,416 times

Advertisements

WAIT, You mean NYC isnt already a "Disneyland for Yuppies"

I thought it already was
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 PM

112 posts, read 325,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstaterInBklyn View Post
Interesting response, coming from someone who claims to have no job and lives off an "allowance"
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ml#post2889166

Which line of the tax form is "allowance" reported on?

But, please, please keep posting here.

And bring some of your friends! I'm most of Manhattan's wealthy elite would love to spend their Saturday nights with you, hanging around internet message boards bragging about how rich they are. It's so much more fun than the Hamptons.
You do know that the term "tax" encompasses more than just income tax, right? I really hope you do.

Before I go into further discussion, look up the word "tax" and read then try again.

And if you must know, I'm in the gym checking this thread occasionally for ****s and giggles via my Blackberry.

Ciao

Old 07-19-2008, 09:02 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,100,288 times
No need to explain you are at the gym, we all understand you could be out spending someone else's money if you so chose to.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:24 PM

922 posts, read 3,862,230 times
Quote:
Before I go into further discussion, look up the word "tax" and read then try again.
Yeah - I know enough about taxes. You really should be reporting your "allowance" on form 1040 Line 21, and the provider of the "allowance" should have reported it via a form 1099 to the IRS. Income is income, whether you earn it or not.

Are you saying you pay no income tax? The IRS, NYS Dept of Taxation and NYC Dept. of Finance won't be too happy about that.

And if you pay no income tax, doesn't that lump you in with the rest of the freeloaders you complain about?

Old 07-19-2008, 09:40 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,496,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
If you want to go that route, blame the marketing industry.. don't blame the people who can afford to live there.
marketing industry yeah right,, the market indunstry are the ones moving the whole realestate movement in manhattan,, they are the ones with real power.... wow LOL

Old 07-19-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
Why does it have to be all about poor people and rich people? I think the focus should be on the middle class, because that's the majority
Perfect... how does the middle class think about this..
They cant live in Manhattan, but the poor can????
Manhattan for the rich and for few lucky poor people

Old 07-19-2008, 09:54 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,986,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
marketing industry yeah right,, the market indunstry are the ones moving the whole realestate movement in manhattan,, they are the ones with real power.... wow LOL
So it's the people's faults who rent out the apartments that it costs the price that they pay? NO, they paid the price in order to live there.. they weren't offered the price after they laid out all their things in the apartment and settled in.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
So it's the people's faults who rent out the apartments that it costs the price that they pay? NO, they paid the price in order to live there.. they weren't offered the price after they laid out all their things in the apartment and settled in.
Wait,,, i am sorry,,, i dont get it.....
Is not the people fault,,, is just simple supply and demand..
If people dont want to live in manhattan the price goes down...
Everybody(except a few in this forum) wants to live in manhattan and this is the reason the price goes up...
If I am landlord and I can rent the apartment for 5,000 a month why should I rent it for 1,000????

Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,986,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Wait,,, i am sorry,,, i dont get it.....
Is not the people fault,,, is just simple supply and demand..
If people dont want to live in manhattan the price goes down...
Everybody(except a few in this forum) wants to live in manhattan and this is the reason the price goes up...
If I am landlord and I can rent the apartment for 5,000 a month why should I rent it for 1,000????
No, I agree with you.. before you made it seem like it was the tenant's faults, however, that there were $3,500 apartments right next to $500 ones.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
No, I agree with you.. before you made it seem like it was the tenant's faults, however, that there were $3,500 apartments right next to $500 ones.
Ok, that comes from this...
My friend rents in UES, his rent is 3,500.... most people rent are more or less in the same area 3,000-4,000.. but 2 blocks away there is a PJ, and how much they pay??? is it fair for him to pay that much when others pay less???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City