Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM

15 posts, read 38,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarkuSS View Post
If you went in on 9/11 like me,you must have received a letter to go back in. I received a letter to go back in,thinking it was the callback,but I was told the drug test expired,and was good for only 30 days. So I had to do it all over again,on 10/30.
Now,are they supposed to call you on the phone to come back in,as I heard,or do they send a letter again? It's been two weeks since I was there,and really hope that I get a callback this week.
Oh gosh I got a letter to go in for the same test like last time so when I called ms shivers she said ignore it but now I'm wondering if I should call her back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 09:57 AM

15 posts, read 38,334 times
Called ms shivers and she looked me up by ss# said that they hadn't got to my list number yet. Said they last hired list 1540 and I'm 17XX she said next class is December 16 and that my urine is good till 12/13 they are backed up. So we will see.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM

9 posts, read 23,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouswreck View Post
Called ms shivers and she looked me up by ss# said that they hadn't got to my list number yet. Said they last hired list 1540 and I'm 17XX she said next class is December 16 and that my urine is good till 12/13 they are backed up. So we will see.

Did you get a letter or confirmation that you passed the drug test or did ms shivers told you over the phone that your DT was good ? Just curious after the DT does MTA notify people about the results of the DT. I talked to Ms. Shivers last week and she said they were up to list 1550+. Don't know why it went down ?

Last edited by SoloArtist; 11-13-2013 at 01:00 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouswreck View Post
I spoke with Ms Shivers today and she said the same thing. If they bring in groups of 15 a day for the TO position,then sometime next week,we should be getting a call. I was number 164X on the list.

What she didn't know is why I was called back in to fill out the paperwork a second time,and a second drug test,and she said the drug test is good for 90 days,while someone else said 30 days. Looks like some people in HR don't know squat and need retraining...

What's fascinating,is that they started calling names last year off this list around this time,and it took a year to get up to 1540...If only we had scored higher,we'd already be working for them. Personally,I wish I had scored higher and called in before the summer,it would have saved me from hardship right now.

And if December 16 is the class we are eventually going to have,it's not soon enough. It is what it is I guess.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 66,485 times
@JUSTIN08, Good luck next week. Please post if you find out how far down the list they went for your class. Thanks

Old 11-14-2013, 09:14 PM

4 posts, read 12,042 times
Has anyone who has taken the medical know how many people exactly they see per day?

Old 11-15-2013, 04:46 PM

47 posts, read 140,610 times
Good luck next week Justin hope to see you out there on the iron.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 AM

175 posts, read 235,550 times
Can someone tell me If when it comes to the medical exam do you have to tel them every medication you may be on?

And secondly about the drug test I heard they make you strip and and then they stare at you while you pee...is this the case?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 AM

9 posts, read 23,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
Can someone tell me If when it comes to the medical exam do you have to tel them every medication you may be on?

And secondly about the drug test I heard they make you strip and and then they stare at you while you pee...is this the case?

No they don't stare at you, not atleast when I did it. You go into a bathroom and pee but you have to put your coat, phone, bags in a locker

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 AM

175 posts, read 235,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloArtist View Post
No they don't stare at you, not atleast when I did it. You go into a bathroom and pee but you have to put your coat, phone, bags in a locker
Thanks Alot Man I appreciate this Information...When did you go thru your process By The way? And How do you like the job so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City