Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 PM

85 posts, read 238,965 times

Advertisements

Someone recently asked me if I knew of any assisted living options in this area of NY. Although I am a native of the area, I only recently returned after residing for about 30 years in other parts of the country.

The only place I could offer was the Arden Hill community in Goshen. My friend is looking for a place for her Mom who is in need of assistance. She is hoping to find other options in either Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, or possibly Putnam counties.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,645,370 times
Stay away from McClellan's in Beacon-I placed my Mom there-it's basically all dementia patients. They don't tell you that when you visit the place. She left in less than a month there. She was treated like she didn't have any smarts at all-Mom maybe almost 86, but has all her faculties.

The Fountains in Millbrook are beautiful-but pricey. Very impressed with everything we saw there. I wanted to check in-it was a cruise ship without the boat!
The Fountains at Millbrook

There's the Avalon in Wappingers by the airport-nice, but no real outside place the residents can go.

The newest one is in Highland. Much different than anything that's been here before-more like what my relatives live in Virginia. Woodland Pond at New Paltz

Now if her Mom is fairly independant and gets about fairly well, there's the Manor at Woodside. My Mom was there for a bit-while we were retrofitting her house after she broke her hip. Most residents have private aides that come in and help-others are totally sufficient. Plenty of activities, shuttle bus to shopping, theater and Dr appointments. The Manor at Woodside Retirement - Independent Senior Community in Poughkeepsie New York,Hudson Valley

Good luck, it's hard to find good ones. I spent weeks looking at them. I know Arden Hill is still there-but that was too far away for us.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Hi Camping Mom, thanks so much for the information. I'll pass it on.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 AM

My friend has settled on the Manor at Woodside for her Mom. Thanks again Camping Mom for the information -- it helped with her decision.

To other readers: There's no need for additional suggestions - unless someone else wants to continue this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York