Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm still taken aback when someone approaches me to comment on or ask me about my height, which is then usually followed with an interrogation regarding my life.

Do shorter folks deal with this too?

Have you ever stopped someone to ask them a question regarding their physical appearance, such as "How tall are you?" "How much do you weigh?" "Are those real?"

I guess I just have trouble comprehending the compulsion to ask such questions. Can't people guess?
I got that once. He got beat up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Oh I love it when my kids go with me...then I can lift them to get the items instead of finding someone taller than me or climbing the shelves!

My kids are getting kind of heavy to be lifting over my head though. Thankfully my 11yr old is catching up to my height
My kids are way taller then me, they took after their father.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why not come up with one pat answer like some of those I suggested that you could just rattle off when someone makes a comment? I bet you'd both get a laugh
Because 1. I'm afraid of how my response may come off and 2. I'm afraid it will encourage more conversation, which more often than not, I'm not looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Just say "I'm 6'1" & rising". "I'm a growing girl".
I used to use that one! Especially when I was running in to buy milk somewhere like 7-11. I think the guys who worked there always saw me walk in and my head is above the "6" on the red line on the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How damn tall are you?
With or without heels?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
My kids are way taller then me, they took after their father.
I'm hoping my daughter will be taller than me but I'm pretty sure she will. I don't know how I created this child though, strawberry blonde hair, grey/green eyes, tan skin and long legs...she is quite the opposite of me!

I assume my boys will be taller. My oldest is only 11 and he's 5'1" so he's almost there.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I got that once. He got beat up.
Wouldn't want to be that guy! Maybe I should take that approach!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:

LOL, I just got an image of wack-a-mole in my head.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
I usually walk away from insults...........usually, or verbally berate the perpetrators down to nothing. But this guy was so damn obnoxious that he had to physically pay.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
No, I don't go up to strangers and comment on their physical appearance or ask them questions about it. I have had people ask me questions. Sadly, men, especially when they are inebriated, have asked if my breasts are real...isn't that rude? Yes, they are, but how that is anybody's business but mine I don't know. Also, I have curly blonde hair and when I don't straighten it, I get asked if it is natural.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:37 PM

817 posts, read 811,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
No, I don't go up to strangers and comment on their physical appearance or ask them questions about it. I have had people ask me questions. Sadly, men, especially when they are inebriated, have asked if my breasts are real...isn't that rude? Yes, they are, but how that is anybody's business but mine I don't know. Also, I have curly blonde hair and when I don't straighten it, I get asked if it is natural.
Wow, one must be such a loser to come to a stranger and ask her if her breasts are real, inebriated or not.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Wow, one must be such a loser to come to a stranger and ask her if her breasts are real, inebriated or not.
Thank you, I agree. It was more common in college at parties than in my adult life, and I am glad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships