Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
If his coming and going is noisy and disturbs your sleep, then you need to ask him if he could be a little more quiet. Otherwise, you are being a snoop and you haven't cited any good reasons for being one. Unless he's disturbing you, his hours are none of your business.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
If his coming and going is noisy and disturbs your sleep, then you need to ask him if he could be a little more quiet. Otherwise, you are being a snoop and you haven't cited any good reasons for being one. Unless he's disturbing you, his hours are none of your business.
The above.

Tow truck driver.

On call EMT.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:22 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
Maybe he is wondering why he has a nosey neighbor who watches him all hours of the day and night.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
...maybe a hit man, drug dealer, etc...
I think you're on the right track.
Start a log of his movements with date, time, duration of absence...
and get the license tag numbers of his visitors too (even the UPS man!).

Then call you local police dept and ask for their "intel" division.
Make an appointment to meet them to review your take.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Tell me about it, I have this weirdo neighbor that is always peeking out their windows at all hours of the night and then there they are typing away at 4:40AM on their computer....

I think I'm going to have to start going through their mail, they might be a terrorist.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post

This. Gladys Kravitz comes to mind.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I bet he wonders why you're watching his comings and goings so closely ...

Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
I think it is a good idea to maintain an awareness of what is going on with neighbors. So many horrific news items come to light where we are always surprised that neighbors who had observed very odd happenings never alerted authorities. If you ask this neighbor, he'll have a plausible explanation, however. So not much makes sense as far as asking. But if you hear of crimes that seem to be occurring like burglaries, rapes, peeking Toms...that seem to coincide with your neighbor's outings.. Then it's time to let someone know. There is a fine line between snooping and being situationally aware and where that line is can be blurry...I'd say it's snooping when you do know the neighbor is not harming anyone and you are pointedly observing just for your personal amusement.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
My in-laws had some young gals move into the house behind them. Guys coming and going all the time....lots of different guys.....lol. The policeman at their church told them it was a prostitution house and my father-in-law volunteered to go undercover heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships