Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times

Advertisements

I just got home from work. I changed my clothes and let the dogs out. Now I am leaving because I am out of tofu and have to make a trip to Whole Foods.

Just wanted to let you know what's going on, in case you live next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,666 times
I do that all the more to drive my neighbor crazy, he and his wife are semi-retired and WATCH everything...which is good and bad, but quite annoying at times as I feel I can't even have privacy and enjoy my own yard {back/front/sides} as they will ask 20 ?'s if I'm outside, I even have to remember to mow the lawn with ipod phones in...they are harmless, but it's an annoyance... as far as coming and going, I will do it all the more at times to drive them crazy...I have a regular work week M-F, but weekends, I will come and go all day/weekend long. I will leave to go to the grocery store, pull into the garage, close door, unload groceries into the house, garage door open again, back out, go to another store, come back and repeat for a few hours on a Saturday, drives them nuts...how do I know this? They will make comments on my comings and goings...oh well, last time I checked I'm living in the USA and don't have to answer to anyone...they need hobbies other than sitting outside on a chair in front of their house and/or peering through the front window to see what's going on...if I ever get like that, please shoot me...their time could be spent better volunteering or doing something of enjoyment, but maybe that's their only enjoyment, who knows...oh well....my rant...lol

Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,760,032 times
We used to have next door neighbors that we thought were drug dealers. It's not like we were watching for them, but their behavior became very noticeable. Supposedly, the guy worked a regular 9-5 job (according to his wife) in marketing or some such thing, yet he came and went at all hours. I knew this because their driveway (and ours) was right next to our bedroom window, and his headlights would come through the window and hit me in the face during the night. At first I thought it was someone in our driveway, so I would get up and look out the window, only to see him (I assume it was him, it was his car) coming and going. Or it would be some other car in their driveway. This happened all the time. And he was home all the time during the middle of the day. This was in the days prior to telecommuting, so he was not working from home.

We lived at the end of our street on a cul de sac. The street was always full of kids out playing in the cul de sac, including my kids. Our house had lots of big windows all across the front and driveway side, and I kept the blinds open so I could keep an eye on the kids while they were out playing. It wasn't like I was watching the neighbors, but I was watching my kids and I couldn't help but see him coming and going all the time.

Plus, we kept seeing all these cars, usually with 2 or 3 of young guys inside, fly down the street and up into their driveway. One of them would get out, go inside for just a few minutes, while the others stayed in the car. Then in just a few minutes the guy that went inside would come out, get in the car and speed away. We couldn't help but notice it. It happened all the time. After it happened several times while we were out working in our yard, my husband just looked at me and said, "is the guy a drug dealer or what?" All of us moms living on the street worried our kids were going to get run over by all of the cars coming and going from their house.

Sometimes, you just notice things. It's not being a nosy neighbor, its just being observant. In my neighborhood now, we all pay attention to what goes on at one anothers homes. We are friends with some of our neighbors, and not really with others, yet everyone pays attention. We are aware when each other is out of town, and we keep an eye on each others homes. We've had a few incidents of vandalism/theft in our area, so we all watch out for each other.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 PM

13,235 posts, read 7,290,839 times
I know this is an old thread but I reported a neighbor who would ride his loud motorcycle by my house 30 times a day and night for selling drugs and sure enough he was selling drugs. Sheriffs detectives called me and started watching the guy. About 2 months after that his house was raided he was cooking meth he could have blown up the house and who knows what kind of chemical he had 55 gallon drums. The whole street was evacuated and hazmat took all day to clean it up. This wasn't some slum neighborhood either homes went for over 250k. He was living with a woman who owned the home it was her boyfriend she got into drugs and he started cooking it.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,298 times
Whatever happened to minding your own business? I'm a business owner. I import led tube lights out of China. I'll meet with Chinese factory agents at the dead of night coming in from the airport. I'll also Uber 3Am to 5am because there is a 95% chance in my area that I'll pick up a professional. Bam! 38 minutes of uninterrupted face time. Or I'll take my laptop to the Waffle House and fulfill orders. I'm certain at least one of my neighbors not only hates my guts but I'm also aware that they must think I'm unemployed because one candidly played it off like, " some would suggest that you're using airbnb to pay for your 300k home." I probably could, minds you, but were just legal-minded opportunists with 3 extra unused rooms. I think most people would jump at an opportunity to earn 17K in 8-9 months.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:29 PM

341 posts, read 302,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
Growing up in a town full of drug dealers, hope that he's a high level drug dealer. They don't cr4p in their own back yard, so don't deal from their homes. As a matter of fact, do a lot to keep to themselves and not draw attention. Could argue they're some of the best neighbors you could have.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:33 AM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Maybe DoorDash or a similar service?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:09 PM

333 posts, read 79,269 times
could be a locksmith that's on call all night

Old 09-25-2018, 10:58 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,741 times
maybe he drives a morgue van. he has to run out at all hours to pick up bodies.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:17 AM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
OP needs a hot GF that would keep him busy at night. He obviously has nothing else to do.
If that's not an option, then what about Melatonin?? (suggested doseage: 10 mg)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships