Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 08:42 AM

61,812 posts, read 87,269,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Try Fort Worth Neighborhood Rangers. The city trains citizens to snoop around their neighborhood and report code violations from trash can at the curb to who knows what.
A neighborhood I wouldn't want to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 08:55 AM

45,455 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Try Fort Worth Neighborhood Rangers. The city trains citizens to snoop around their neighborhood and report code violations from trash can at the curb to who knows what.
Ah yes, Neighborhood Watch on steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A neighborhood I wouldn't want to live in.
My experience with the people involved in those type of groups is that many are well meaning but just as many are control freak busybodies afraid of their own shadows.

I've related this elsewhere but I'll tell it again. I had a newer resident complain about his neighbor, sketchy was the word he used. ZZ Top beard, a couple older cars (all running) he worked on occasionally, a couple indeterminate breed dogs (not pits, just mutts), will drink a beer in his back yard.

This "sketchy" neighbor is a retired Air Force General who flew F4s in Vietnam, one of the cars is a mint 1968 (I think) Olds 442, the other is a pretty much mint mid-60s Thunderbird.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,395,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
Have you thought about taking up a hobby, such as painting, dance or stamp collecting? What about golf?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Have you thought about taking up a hobby, such as painting, dance or stamp collecting? What about golf?
All great activities to do at 2am while pretending not to spy on your neighbor.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:55 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,292,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I got repped and I see this thread has been bumped. Update...

Here we are 6 years later, and my suspicions were confirmed last year when my neighbor was taken into police custody. I'd rather not say for what since I'd like to remain anonymous and my neighbor possibly has connections with organized crime. And we honestly don't know the list of all the charges. Neighbor is out on bail and his home is going on the market.

And a thanks to all who had useful comments. To all who made smarty-pants comments, you may now commence eating crow.
Just caught this thread. A six year mystery comes to an end.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:24 AM

37 posts, read 18,309 times
Funny how that works but yes I was that guy and I had nosy neighbors. I had very erratic hours. I never spoke to them because you can tell when they greet you because they want you to talk to check if you're human lol.

Good job OP. You caught the needle in the haystack.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:12 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
Quote:
Wait..people willingly sign up to be trained snitches? To do the city's dirty work for them? God I hate people sometimes.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:10 AM

3 posts, read 4,665 times
I had this very question and am very glad I didn't ask it here first after seeing all the nasty replies. I am writing this on my computer at 4 a.m. because my neighbor who comes and goes all night just rolled his garbage can down the alley under my bedroom window after slamming his car door. Twice. Alleys echo. He comes and goes all night. I know this because he and occasionally his friends like slamming doors and talking outside at 1;30 A.M. Yes I have talked to him and then yelled at him He is a little better now, grudgingly, but he and his motorcycle friends are still disturbing the peace coming and going all night. The guy looks to be in his 40s, walks and talks like a meth head. He lives next door with his girlfriend and her mother in the mom's house. That's part of my loathing of this guy, it's not even his house, he just shows up one night and never leaves.

I don't care what people do unless they wake me up doing it. I googled "neighbor comes and goes all night" to get ideas about whether the freak is a drug dealer, again I don't even care-- if he was quiet. But somebody mentioned tow truck driver and that might be it...he's into cars. Yes, I know I can go to the police but the noise is not like a wild party that continues. It stops and starts. I'm supposed to be keeping a log of all the disturbances but what a hassle, like I'm back in school with homework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships