Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,315,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm guessing they're done throwing compliments into the gaping black void of narcissistic need.
Same people following me everywhere, predictably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
The first thing I thought when I read the OP posting was, this is someone looking for people to compliment her and feel sorry for her. Very needy.
That's because you didn't actually read it, you just responded to what you wanted to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,235,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Same people following me everywhere, predictably.

That's because you didn't actually read it, you just responded to what you wanted to hear.
In Ann's defense, I'll say that just because someone posted on one of your threads, that doesn't mean that person is following you. Personally, half the time, I don't even notice the name on the thread when I click into it. If a headline grabs me, I'll click. If the subject matter interests me, I'll respond.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,315,556 times
I'm talking to the people who never seem to respond to my posts topically, but who always show up with the same ad hom's no matter what..."But you work in a bar!" "Is this about your fake ****?" LOL

Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 PM

3,999 posts, read 5,033,242 times
Babee...another poster asked and I've been wondering....what does your sis think? Does she notice the same thing at family gatherings? Do you notice it after you've been at the event for awhile or does it start the moment you arrive? I'm not sure the answers will help me discern what their problems are but I'm curious...

My family has a way of saying things that end up being hurtful...all of a sudden you're thinking "did they just insult me"? Personally, I either call them on it right away, usually with humor OR I walk away. Sometimes people are fairly stinky...whether they try or not.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM

64 posts, read 85,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Here we go again.

Are you saying the married sister should receive respect and compliments simply because she is married?

I personally feel if I sleep with married men its none of my families business...
That doesn't give them a right to judge my life.
do you lack reading comprehension or maybe you never read this person's threads before? her sister had 3 kids. is settled down into a family versus the op who has no problem airing how men chase her. do you see her pictures and how she sorta fishes for compliments? if you were my relative and you made it a habit of sleeping with married men then i don't think i could have much respect for you. sorry, there's a word for that.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,129,606 times
Whoa this is deep

Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM

64 posts, read 85,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
For this cross section of the CD crowd, fiction is better than fact.

FYI, my family knows nothing about my personal life or hers, and they've seen so little of my boobs they have no idea that I've gotten a boob job.
then maybe she's just nicer than you. if you're saying they know absolutely nothing, not a teensy, tiny iota at all about you or your sister then it's your personality they don't like or whatever vibe you give off. some people don't realize that they give off an aura that other people sense.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,554,414 times
Is she perceived as being more insecure? It could be that you may be seen as the one who has it all "together" and they are just trying to make her feel better.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM

809 posts, read 2,192,181 times
So, uhmmm, I can't think the last time I looked up someone's username on Google but I felt compelled to do it after reading this thread.

To the OP (aside from wanting to poke my eyes out), I believe you have a severe case of low self esteem. I don't know why you may and truly it isn't my business but it just feels, to me, somewhere along the early path of life you decided physical attraction would make you whole.

Believe me, it doesn't and I know it doesn't.

I'm sorry for your situation and, what I perceive, is the pain you are going through. I guess (could be wrong) you feel if you make your outsides look good it will make you feel good inside. I'm here to tell you, that's not how it works. It's what's inside that makes us shine, or not shine.

Regards,

second right

Last edited by second right; 09-26-2012 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: made no sense

Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,252,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
It's not the woman's fault if the man abandons his responsibility. I hate when people look down on single mothers.
How about the woman being on reliable birth control and not having any babies by accident? How about only having sex with a man that you've gotten to know well enough that you're sure that he's got decent morals and will support any babies you make together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships