Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 04:41 AM

9,011 posts, read 13,854,349 times

Advertisements

My mother would do this. She would tell me about some article she read that said what I was talking about was wrong. Mine you, she does not have a medical license of any sort, but I have a nursing license.
A lot of people I talk to seem to have it out for nurses. Someone tried to school me on how bad the Covid vaccine was and how most healthcare workers are trying to kill people in hospitals. I have to walk away from the foolishness. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying some of the research is not valid with vaccines, but saying that healthcare workers killed patients on purpose is a flat out lie. The same with the anti vaccine crowd telling me I’m stupid and a killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 07:54 AM

749 posts, read 582,692 times
Not everyone is trying to impress us. You are assuming this is the motive. Some think what they say is so interesting, some are just trying to make conversation, some are blabbermouth types, who love to talk and others want to share what they know or think they know. Or feel it is their obligation to tell or warn you (about health) People tend to overestmate their knowledge if they know anything about the subject But it can be very boring and annoying--when you plainly don't care to know. Fountains of pure trivia. These people need a lot of attention.. it is.not narccism.

Members of my family and a friend are like that all their lives. My mother was the queen. Made a ridiculous statement and defend it in argument....this is insecurity and disagreeableness for itselef. "abstract means concrete and concrete things is abstract".
No one is smart all the time with everything. Some are like a broken clock: right twice a day..
I may vent too much about what interests me and others don't know what I am talking about.

Old 12-29-2022, 08:02 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,348,905 times
Yeah, I would tell about experiences I'd gone through, or places I lived. One guy (who had never been there, nor saw what I'd seen0 would try to tell me, "Aw, yeah...you should'a done this..." Or "I'd have done that..." Or try to put you down in some way, shape, or form concerning what you saw/experienced/whatever.

If you weren't there, *****hole, DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT! 'Cause you have NO idea what REALLY went down!!!

ETA: this same joker would try and fix a car that's NOT even his! And then try to make demands on others. I shut him down: "Are you a licensed and certified car mechanic???" If you're not a mechanic, DON'T TOUCH ANYONE'S CAR!!!

Old 12-30-2022, 02:39 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,396,492 times
If you are offended because you don't get your due recognition, then you are no better than the person that you are complaining about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships