Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This is a true story about some one's horrific day. Its not supposed to be funny!
Well, it is. It is funny that you think anyone would actually care about this mess. After reading some of your other posts where you have been condescending because according to you you have money, your stuff just gets harder and harder to believe. You may have money, but you lack class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 03:12 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
He is NOT divorcing me. I take care of his son & I'm the only mother he has ever known. So you better trust, he's not going anywhere! We have a pretty much unspoken arrangement. So we have to work on it as we need each other not just for love but for more practical reasons.
Least you're somewhat honest. you didn't deny I was right. LOL.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
What exactly is this "unspoken agreement"?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What exactly is this "unspoken agreement"?

It exists in her mind and they don't talk about it.

Once he figures out that his child would be better off with you out of the picture, you might be kissing that money goodbye.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
He is NOT divorcing me. I take care of his son & I'm the only mother he has ever known. So you better trust, he's not going anywhere!

Nannies are a dime a dozen, a lot cheaper, with less drama than what I see here.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
What a bad day! END RANT!!
Have you ever heard of something called a blog? See, there are these neat websites where you can go and write whatever you'd like, including an online journal, like WordPress, Blogger, Typepad, or LiveJournal. In fact, right here at City-Data, there is a blogging function. That's really where this kind of vent belongs.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
She also once said she went to Harvard Law School. Classy.
And her neighbors just walk in her yard taking fruit causing her to retaliate. Oh and they park on the street in front of said mansion.......

Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
And her neighbors just walk in her yard taking fruit causing her to retaliate. Oh and they park on the street in front of said mansion.......
McMansion, maybe?

Old 10-30-2013, 09:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
So I got fired from my last job. Was supposed to have an interview. My GPS would not work, I wound up driving in circles & being lost. Fast forward I had to call & say I would like to cancel & reschedule. Looks good its pretty much a guarantee I''ll get the job, plus I also have that offer job lined up, the one where I went to see the hiring manager with panties with holes So the unemployment is temporary so dont attack me there!!

So this girl I know, I dont even know how to start about our ""friendship"". But her daughter fell ill a while back & I was shocked when she called me & asked me to visit her daughter at the hospital. Now I just considered myself acquintances with her so I was shocked that she was ""begging for visits"". I realised she was pressed for friends so I went to visit her & her daughter at the hospital anyway. Since that day we have been talking more & more.

So today right after I had cancelled the interview & was on my way home, this girl calls me & asks if I wanna have lunch with her. So I pick her up, we go to the last place I got fired at as I forgot some stuff & we head out to lunch. On the way to my former employer I slightly hit the car in front of me. Thank God zero damage! Nonetheless I apologize to the car owners & all is good!

At this point she starts to ""direct "" me about how I should drive. And she starts announcing what colors the traffic lights are. This got me heated up. I become the bigger person & don't point out that I have been licenced to drive since I was 16 & she is not!Anyway doe when we get to my former place of employment I ask her to stay in the car & wait as I wont be long. Next thing I see her coming out of the car. I let it slide. As I pick up my stuff, she extends her hand & introduces herself to my former boss. I wanted her to to stay low & chill in the car. She had on this synthetic hair & her ""tracks"" were showing & she just looked greasy! I had been honest with her & told her her hair looked like a bird's nest & she agreed to that herself. Now I dont see why she would embarass me at my former job. I wanted to leave with dignity

So we head for lunch. And she is generally chronically unemployed & her husband is also presently unemployed During lunch (Chinese buffet) she dips EVERYTHING even shrimp in hot sauce. After lunch the waiter comes and asks if the bill is altogether or separate. She offers to pick both tabs. Normally I feed on people like this but I guess I still have a conscience so I tell her lets each pay for ourselves. Then it gets awkard because she had already asked for one bill & the waiter had made a bill for one & now I HAVE TO start calculating my part in my head!

After lunch we hop onto my car & I have my second accident of the day. Just as I reverse I hit another car. I look around, my car has a huge dent & the other one is miraculously okay.

At this point I start asking myself: What kind of tomfoolery is this? Who ever has two accidents in one day? Then I realise both accidents had something in common. This ""friend"" of mine was in my car.

I ask if I can drop her at the train station. She suddenly wants to pee & hates public bathrooms so of course it has to be done at my place!

We go to my place. She marvels at the mansion. Nothing new there. Then I start telling her nothing grew on trees, the SO & I both work. She knows I was let go but she has seen my hustle so no big deal. And I lecture her about her marvelling & oogling everything yet she & the hubby don't like to work. I guess that's when she gets tired of me & wants to go home.

Now this girl has the nerve to ask me to drive her home.
1) Remember she said I could not drive, was telling me when traffic lights changed colors etc? And suddenly her greasy behind wants a ride home? But I can't drive!

2) I have gone to two places with her and had two accidents. She is bad karma. Why would I drive her home just so I can have another accident?

3) When the SO gets home, he tells me in between the lights & the dent, fixing my car should be about 1500bucks. Then I realise I should have let her pick the whole bill at the restaurant. She got a free ride I got her bad karma plus her free ride is gonna cost me a lot of money.

4) When the SO analyzes the damage he complains about how expensive I am becoming instead of being grateful I survived an accident & came home unscathed.

What a bad day! END RANT!!
I can't count the number of times people have been late to meet me because they put the wrong address in their GPS (north instead of south or whatever). People relying on their GPS is becoming a huge pet peeve of mine. I'd make darn sure I knew where the heck I was going before a job interview.

You got in 2 accidents in 1 day. Maybe your friend has a point.

The rest of your post just makes me think you are the bad karma, not her Seriously. Usually when you get fired, they walk you to the door with all your stuff and you don't get to go back. Taking someone with you to go back is just weird. Admitting you "feed" on people who offer to pay the bill, then bragging about your house and "lecturing her" when she compliments your stuff? Tacky. Really tacky. She'd be better off without you.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Missing a job interview whereby you could have been potentially hired for a lifetime & gotten benefits but missed all that is horrific

2 accidents per day is horrific

Coming home to your SO after two accidents & him not being happy you are alive but being disappointed about how the repairs will cost HIM is horrific

speaking of which

Losing your job is horrific

100% your own fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
As stated by others, you want sympathy yet YOU lied to get your previous job from which you were appropriately fired; you couldn't be bothered checking the address on google or mapquest to make sure you knew where you were going and where there was parking - or to make a dry run the day before (something many of us did to make sure we knew how long it would take at that time of day to get to the interview on time); you caused damage to your vehicle and other vehicles because you are a bad driver and unable to tune out distractions; you talk about others with incredible disdain whether in-laws or coworkers or even friends!

and now you want sympathy for your self-inflicted plight. Gaul, chutzpah, and arrogance are only a few of the words that come to mind.
Yes, with satellite images on goolge maps, there really is no excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships