Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:02 PM

6 posts, read 6,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Is anyone checking on him???
Mom and Dad's tried calling, I've tried texting. No response.

Also, thanks everyone for your input! A lot of different takes going around--hoping for the best for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Do you know what hotel he is staying at? If so, try calling the front desk. Until he sees a physician, you will be left unsure. Hope you are able to contact him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree it could be anything from a mild case of food poisoning, to being exhausted from spending too much time in the gym to an impending heart attack.

If he hasn't called anyone back can you call his hotel to have someone check on him in his room? He probably will just be sound asleep, but if there is a real problem the hotel staff could get help for him.
My parents are saying if they don't hear by tonight, they'll call the hotel. They're being very calm about this situation...wish I could be.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:07 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,260,296 times
Quote:
I agree it could be anything from a mild case of food poisoning, to being exhausted from spending too much time in the gym to an impending heart attack.

If he hasn't called anyone back can you call his hotel to have someone check on him in his room? He probably will just be sound asleep, but if there is a real problem the hotel staff could get help for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfintheroses View Post

Also, thanks everyone for your input! A lot of different takes going around--hoping for the best for him.
If it is very unusual for him to not call you back, you can also check with officials at the golf tournament, call the hospitals in that city or even call the police in that city to search for his car (if he is not in his hotel room).

Again, it is probably minor, but just in case, you can do more than just calling/texting his phone (what if he lost the phone or something).

Old 07-27-2014, 04:14 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,260,296 times
Quote:
My parents are saying if they don't hear by tonight, they'll call the hotel. They're being very calm about this situation...wish I could be.
It isn't a big deal to call the hotel and have them check on him. What's the worse that could happen? Your brother could be sound asleep and be totally OK or in bed (not asleep) with someone he met in that city.

What's the best that could happen? Your brother may be sick and need help and the hotel finds him and calls a doctor.

Either way, why wait?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:26 PM

My text that I sent to my brother was, "I'm sorry you're not feeling well. If you need some company you can text me later or tomorrow."

No response to that, and it has been a day since I sent that text. Do I need to just call him myself, too?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,812,678 times
Quote:
My text that I sent to my brother was, "I'm sorry you're not feeling well. If you need some company you can text me later or tomorrow."

No response to that, and it has been a day since I sent that text. Do I need to just call him myself, too?
Pick up the phone, call the hotel, and have someone take a message to his room that you want him to call back.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:37 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,241,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Is anyone checking on him???
Quote:

So, no one is checking on him.

Quote:
It isn't a big deal to call the hotel and have them check on him. What's the worse that could happen? Your brother could be sound asleep and be totally OK or in bed (not asleep) with someone he met in that city.

What's the best that could happen? Your brother may be sick and need help and the hotel finds him and calls a doctor.

Either way, why wait?
This. Takes less than 5 minutes and all is good if he's OK. If he's not, more time has not lapsed while all the dithering goes on.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:35 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,299,390 times
Quote:

To be fair, if I received that text, I would not think that the sender was necessarily expecting a response. You said "IF you need some company ..." Very possibly he doesn't need company, hence no reply.

If you wanted a response, you should have said something like "Please let me know that you're okay so I don't worry."

Old 07-27-2014, 05:59 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,439,514 times
How old are you op? Is there some reason you just can't take charge of the situation instead of wringing your hands and waiting for your parents to do something?

Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 PM

UPDATE!

He has finally gotten back to us! Turns out he slept the rest of the day away yesterday and had been taking it easy. His phone had died and he didn't have the energy to get it to the charger. He's apologized to us all for worrying us.

Thank you to everyone who replied! I know this is the Internet and all...one of those moments you don't know where to turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships