Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 12:01 PM

772 posts, read 916,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
1. People who wear sunglasses indoors.
2. It annoys me whenever I'm bagging groceries and I get that one customer who hovers over me and breaths down my neck.
3. People who tell me to smile because I look sad, serious or angry when I'm not. I'm a guy but have a "resting b**** face".
4. People who are loud, obnoxious and opinionated about everything as if they have no filter over their mouth.
5. Driving slow in the fast lane.
6. People who make plans with you and bail out at the last minute. Then when you call or text the person, he/she doesn't respond back.
7. People who text with no emotions or only use one word.
8. People who take three hours to text three words.
9. Customers who come grocery shopping right when the grocery store is fixin to close.
10. Customers who are super anal about the way their groceries are bagged. Or when they want their groceries bagged in double paper and then in double plastic or something in that manner.
11. Bad breath
12. People that hate animals and say it out loud around animals and their owners.
13. My customers who moan and complain that the store doesn't have a certain brand they're looking for then whine to manager about it.
14. People who are rude and don't apologize.
15. People who don't take the time to say hi or hello to you and walk past you as if you were just a brick wall or something.
16. Parents who don't discipline their children.
17. People having multiple babies with multiple people out of wedlock.
18. People who dye their hair ridiculous and loud colors accompanied with ugly piercings and tattoos.
19. Arguing about politics.
20. People posting their dirty laundry on Facebook.
21. People who are in a "relationship" with another person every other week.
22. Swearing around babies and small children.

So if my girlfreind of 5 years has a 10 year old daughter, we can't have a kid together until we are married ? Even if we both agreed we don't believe in it, and never will be even if we are together 70 years ?

Your saving your virginity until marriage then I take it ?

and you aren't judging people by the way they look much are you ? would you also have a pet peeve that everyone looks / dresses the same then , if I didn't get my lower leg tatttoed, and my Girlfreind, who apparently I have no business having kids with, has her nose peirced and her hair has purple highlights ? she must be a loser right ? cause she's going to school to be a nurse , gets a B average, and will graduate soon ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 02:05 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,161,278 times
There’s a special place for grown adults who act like teenagers at hotels by slamming doors, loud talking in the hall etc.

I think my biggest pet peeve is when talking to other guys. It seems everyone these days is a Billy Bad Ass that has never gotten their ass kicked.

There’s also something to be said for people who brag about how morally superior they are and yet they can’t pay their bills or honor contracts they signed.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:20 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,997,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprot View Post
TV reality shows, morons that create it, morons that enjoy it
Truer words were never spoken.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:02 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,648,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
1. People who talk over me.
2. People who think they are better than everyone else in this world.
3. People who think their babies are the best.
4. People who pull out onto a road without signalling.
5. People who wait and hesitate about pulling out and then pull out at the last moment.
6. People who walk across the road when you are driving forcing you to nearly crash.
7. Backward people.
8. Slurping.
9. People who ignore my messages but have the time to reply to other popular people.
10. Uptight bats on their you know what taking everything out on me and going on like I asked them to blow up a house when I talk to them.
11. People who say they are doing this and that next week and don't even call when next
week comes.
12. Individuals with moodswings.
13. Tailgaiting.
14. People who drive at 30 then when you overtake them they speed upto 90. Also people who and overtake you and then when they overtake they brake and slow.
15. People posting massive life stories on Facebook about how they've moved on and are now amazing celebrities.
16. When the lights go green and I move two feet and its back to red.
17. People on the plane getting on and standing blocking the isle putting like 25,000 things into the overhead locker and then sitting down and getting up again and rummaging about.
18. People who open the window shutter on a transatlantic flight waking everyone up
19. Snobby uptight old woman who are always offended.
20. Selective hearing. (A REAL pain)
21. People on the motorway driving at 40 on the fast lane.
Wow. Although I can claim several of them.....lol.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
I highly doubt all of the dogs I've seen in strollers are crippled. They are the little teeny dogs that have little dresses (which are equally ridiculous!) and they are mostly used for show by their owner, not for practicality/functionality reasons.

TBH, I find it very sad . I always think to myself is this their way of that person having a child without having an actual child? Do they just need to feel that maternal instinct or something? I can understand when walking for long times maybe dogs get tired. Several women have purses or carriers for them. But a full blown stroller?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous borderline a little crazy IMO.
I'm sorry, I had to laugh. Since I don't really care about this kind of stuff, it is kind of funny to me when it bugs someone so much. But, like the dogs in strollers scene, I guess to each his own......

Old 11-30-2014, 05:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,350,949 times
In no particular order:

1.) People who order alcoholic drinks or expensinve dinners, then insist on splitting the bill equally.
2.) People who are chronically late.
3.) People who park in handicapped spaces who don't have a plate or rearview mirror tag.
4.) People who take up more than one space in the parking lot.
5.) People who block aisles with shopping carts/strollers.
6.) People who text at the table or in meetings.
7.) PEOPLE WHO TEXT BEHIND THE WHEEL.
8.) Tailgaters.
9.) People who play loud music with booming bass in traffic.
10.) People who don't clean up after themselves (or their dogs).
11.) People who bring stinky food to work and stink up the break room with it.

That's all I can think of right now.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:42 PM

I must be one angry white woman. There are so many of these posts that I had to say, "right on!", some, more than others. And yet, I am pretty easy going about a lot of things...<s>

Old 11-30-2014, 06:41 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,511,427 times
1. Non stop barking dogs, or shall I say rude, inconsiderate dog owners.
2. Drivers that race ahead, cut you off, only to make it to the red light before you so the can be first of the line.
3. People that don't move on a green light because they are dinking with their devices on the DL so the cops in CA don't see they are distracted driving!
4. A personal fav people that can't control their kids in public.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:04 PM

732 posts, read 970,539 times
I could create a very long list, but my biggest pet peeve is people who look down at others for petty things that don't make sense for them to hate another person; petty things such as physical appearance, being different, being unusual, having different tastes, being poor, being homeless, being mentally ill, being unfortunately stuck in an addiction, etc..

Old 11-30-2014, 07:26 PM

532 posts, read 960,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
That brings up a pet peeve of mine. I always get nervous when someone says "I need to tell you something", especially if they say they want to talk about it later. And usually it turns out to be nothing earthshaking. Why announce you have something to tell a person before you tell them?

OMG!!!!! This is me! My mother called me once at work and said call me when you leave work I need to talk to you about something. uh no, you have to tell me now. I can close my office door or go outside but you have to tell me now! And she has this way of sounding so serious and turns out it's something like can you stop at the grocery store on the way home? I've told her how serious she always sounds, she had no idea.

Was meeting a close friend for dinner one night, he called me at work and said he had something to tell me when we met up later -- I said you know you can't do that to me, you have to tell me now -- he did and it was nothing.

My boss did it to me, called me at work and told me needed to talk to me when she came in, I asked her if she could give me some idea? Nope! I said you know what that does to me? Yep, she purposefully did that just to drive me nuts -- again, it was nothing big.....

but why do that to people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships