Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:16 AM

834 posts, read 1,219,728 times

Advertisements

OP is on to something here. To still stand for toughness with a tattoo one needs a largeModerator cut: deleteon the forehead or some shoddy prison ink in tear shape around the eyes.

A koi fish wrapped around the elbow is girly now, no doubt about it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-08-2015 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: word filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 AM

19,148 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
I have a hard time equating these tattoos with getting "Only God Can Judge Me" tattooed in script the length of your arm.
...and then there are those who spell things a bit differently...

The moral of the story is that, if you are going to have a tattoo placed on your body, first determine if the tattoo "artist" is--at a minimum--an elementary school graduate.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:40 AM

16,647 posts, read 8,656,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson702 View Post
Its a spiritual thing, look it up. The Demons are marking their territory on the human body. It is written that humans are NOT to tattoo themselves. You can look it up.

I wish I was joking about this, but I think since we are living in the End, that this is increasing.

In some ways, it is a warning to all of us to get our lives in order before the Judgement. Mockers can mock. Mockers will suffer for not being ready, though.
I wouldn't mock you as I am far from a religious scholar. I remember my Godparents saying something akin to Catholics do not get tattoos because it is against God's teachings. I went to Catholic school, but I do not remember a specific passage in the Bible that covers it.

I have heard things like Jews cannot be buried in their cemeteries if they have a tattoo. I don't know if that is true or not.
However if it is true, I have to assume an exception would have been made if they were tattooed by the Nazi's against their will

Old 09-08-2015, 07:45 AM

16,647 posts, read 8,656,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
one has the right to scar their body if they want to.
I have never asked what it is all about, but some black people I've come across have burned scars on themselves.
The first time or two I saw this I assumed it was some type of an injury. However I have seen a few more, some even with symbols, like a branding mark on cattle.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:50 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,952,621 times
Personally, I do not like tattoos and would never have one. I could never deface my body like that nor handle the pain endured by a needle.

For those that like tattoos and have one/many, I can't judge, we like what we like.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 AM

...and then there is the health factor...

FDA and CDC warn that tattoo ink can be hazardous to your health - latimes

What is in that tattoo ink?
In many cases, nobody knows...

Old 09-08-2015, 09:51 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Your view of people sounds like a bunch of boxes with rigid stereotype labels made for easy sorting.

I don't live in the U.S., but where I live in Europe is a popular summer vacation spot for English, Germans, Spanish and Portuguese mainly. Thus, you see many folks in bathing suits and minimum cover summer wear. Tattoos are clearly very popular with all kinds of men from these countries, and I would not be able honestly say that they are more so with smoother, more polished type guys than with those whose appearance is rougher and tougher.

What I have noticed in recent years that many guys with brawnier bodies are going in for much larger and more artistically complicated tattoos, and more often than in the past ones with classic Japanese themes. But a young, slender Portugese guy in his twenties who works for one of the big package delivery services here has just completed the last part of a body suit tattoo in this style. It is a knockout. The first few couple of pictures in this link are similar to his: 22 Bright and Brazen Japanese Bodysuits | Tattoodo.com

I see this style done as sleeve or back tattoos more often, I imagine it is quite expensive for the full suit.

In appearance he does not look as if he would like to bludgeon someone with a tire iron; but, on the other hand, he could never do a Justin Bieber imitation either. Just a good-natured guy with a great tattoo...but, as a masculine stereotype, alas, he is a failure.

Your post reminded me of the book that was written by Ray Bradbury called The Illistrated Man.

This book fasinated me when I was a kid and I still to this day view tatoos as a story that exists in the wearer's mind that they want to tell to the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illustrated_Man

Old 09-08-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
I still to this day view tatoos as a story that exists in the wearer's mind that they want to tell to the world.
...which is probably why I see people with tattoos walking around during the winter--in sub-freezing conditions--wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts.

You MUST display those tats at all times!

Old 09-08-2015, 10:08 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,349,217 times
The ones that I've always wondered about were the women with the "tramp stamps"

Old 09-08-2015, 10:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...which is probably why I see people with tattoos walking around during the winter--in sub-freezing conditions--wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts.

You MUST display those tats at all times!

If I got any tattoos, I wouldn't. The again that comes from business school and Disney logic drilled into my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships