Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:02 PM

221 posts, read 425,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Well, OP, how did the lunch go? And who paid?
The lunch was good we spoke and had good conversation. The only bad part is that I had to pay for my own plate. I thought he would offer to pay for me but oh well.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:28 PM

16,582 posts, read 10,689,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
The lunch was good we spoke and had good conversation. The only bad part is that I had to pay for my own plate. I thought he would offer to pay for me but oh well.
I'm glad it went well. The overwhelming consensus of this thread was that you should not expect him to pay for your lunch; either you would each pay for yourselves, or you would pay for both (since the lunch was your idea). I honestly cannot figure out why you would have expected him to pay for you, and why it would bother you that he didn't.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:36 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,629,791 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm glad it went well. The overwhelming consensus of this thread was that you should not expect him to pay for your lunch; either you would each pay for yourselves, or you would pay for both (since the lunch was your idea). I honestly cannot figure out why you would have expected him to pay for you, and why it would bother you that he didn't.
I think he didn't pay for both of your lunches because he didn't want you to feel like you owed him 'anything'. It was his way of being a gentleman.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I left some stuff out of my original post so I could very well understand the confusion. Around thanksgiving time I helped him out at his family's restaurant and volunteered 7 hours of my time there cause they were very busy. He at that time said after I was about to leave oh we should get dinner sometime. Then during Christmas time I bought him this really nice gift and he never bought me a gift. However, he brought up oh we should get dinner sometime. Basically implying that he wanted to buy me dinner. Well we got together many times over the past few months but never got lunch or dinner together till Recently. Maybe he forgot but I feel that he should remember what he said. I was a little upset about it but I kept it to myself.

I expected him to keep his word on what he offered but he most likely forgot ever offering and I did not want to have to remind him of such.

To make it clear I didn't expect anything in return for my time orchristmas gift. However, I once he offered I expected him to rember what he said and eventually pull through on getting me dinner.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:11 PM

908 posts, read 963,297 times
if you continuously keep tabs on people like this you're always going to be miserable and disappointed. don't do favors or give gifts expecting anything back.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
if you continuously keep tabs on people like this you're always going to be miserable and disappointed. don't do favors or give gifts expecting anything back.
I only expected something back because at the time the favor/ gift was given he offered to take me to dinner. If he had never made such an offer than I would haveexpected nothing.

Last edited by kittycat40; 09-11-2015 at 02:59 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 02:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,220,189 times
No. Why would it?

Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,457,559 times
Uh, no.

What?

Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,255,023 times
Quote:
I left some stuff out of my original post so I could very well understand the confusion. Around thanksgiving time I helped him out at his family's restaurant and volunteered 7 hours of my time there cause they were very busy. He at that time said after I was about to leave oh we should get dinner sometime. Then during Christmas time I bought him this really nice gift and he never bought me a gift. However, he brought up oh we should get dinner sometime. Basically implying that he wanted to buy me dinner. Well we got together many times over the past few months but never got lunch or dinner together till Recently. Maybe he forgot but I feel that he should remember what he said. I was a little upset about it but I kept it to myself.

I expected him to keep his word on what he offered but he most likely forgot ever offering and I did not want to have to remind him of such.

To make it clear I didn't expect anything in return for my time orchristmas gift. However, I once he offered I expected him to rember what he said and eventually pull through on getting me dinner.

Oh, yes you did....!

Old 09-11-2015, 03:03 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,497,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
5 pages over a lunch bill. Geeeeeeeeez!!!
This. Drama much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.