Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:27 PM

44 posts, read 42,987 times

Advertisements

Agreed. He's got to get motivated on his own though, not by me or anyone else. But this incident was a motivator lol. I just hope he keeps up the momentum though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Your brother needs to start being more independent from you and his mother in handling matters like this. Too many college "kids" remain ignorant/inept in handling basic life skills unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 03:05 PM

3,827 posts, read 8,773,490 times
Your mom needs to stop worrying about him dating, because he's never going to find a girl who will date a 26 yo man who lives at home, drives his parent's car when they let him and has no idea how banks work.

He'll be 50 and living in your parent's house with nothing to look forward to but asking mom for the keys to the car.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,289,237 times
My head is exploding reading this thread. I can't take it anymore.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:25 PM

22,713 posts, read 47,922,292 times
The overly religious parents don't approve of t-shirts, but the single mom with two kids is fine, under their roof?
I think we have had the wool pulled over out eyes....

Old 01-18-2016, 03:34 PM

323 posts, read 347,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My head is exploding reading this thread. I can't take it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The overly religious parents don't approve of t-shirts, but the single mom with two kids is fine, under their roof?
The constant "lols" have thrown me...I think this may be a trolling incident...

Old 01-18-2016, 06:09 PM

371 posts, read 495,708 times
For brother:

Step 1: Open bank account in his name. Do so at a bank or credit union that will allow him to get a debit card on the spot, and let him set up paperless online access. I can see mommy intercepting his mail and making sure he doesn't get his card or his statements.

Step 2: Change direct deposit ASAP to that bank.

Step 3: Save money! He needs to be in charge of that, not the parents. He needs money to finish school, get reliable transportation, and get out of there and grow up. If he can't do that...well, then he's not ready to be an adult.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:46 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,260,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

I was wondering the same thing.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:49 PM

997 posts, read 1,064,800 times
Sounds like a trolling attempt to me...

Old 01-19-2016, 04:53 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,326,991 times
Your post makes no sense at all. If it is a joint account, he can find out how much is in it. He also is 26, and it is time both of you move out.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:11 AM

7,061 posts, read 9,119,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmover878 View Post
But yes he is mentally normal. Very academically gifted. Just non-confrontational, immature, and very co-dependent. He doesn't like to face realities. But, I think this whole thing has been a BIG wake up call for him. He's going to move back to our hometown and finish up his Bachelors there.
Normal? 'Normal'?

Nothing about this story is 'normal'.

One person supposedly smart enough to be in college getting a Bachelor degree but can't figure out how to open his own bank account to deposit his own paychecks, and another person supposedly smart enough to be getting a Master's degree but can't figure out what to tell the other one and has to come on C-D to ask advice?

Daddy won't jump-start the car and college-boy is too stupid to figure out to ask a friend or neighbor to jump it?

This whole story is [messed] up.

Sheesh. I had a regular job when I was 12 freaking years old, and opened my own checking account. Mommy didn't have to sign for me and it wasn't a joint account. 26 years old, incollege and still tied up in Mommy's apron strings? I don't believe it.

Quote:
Yep, I think there's a ten year-old somewhere LHAO about suckering a bunch of adults on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships