Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:17 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,288,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Time for a house meeting (without the boyfriend). Everyone needs to be reminded of the terms of the lease and anyone using more than their share of the utilities (i.e. obsessively doing laundry) needs to pay more than the others.
I agree.

Since you don't think she is going to abide by the 7 day rule, ....although you didn't say what she agreed to even though you've discussed it.....I'd tell her she is going to be forking over 2/3 rent.....because she needs to pay for her and her additional roommate.

Don't let them take advantage of you this is just wrong. The only way that I'd let this slide is if you were going to be out by Nov 1....otherwise put your foot down.

Question....Does she have any idea that you are moving? Did you tell her that this situation is the reason you'll be moving. She might rethink this if she knows that.

I'm for whatever works at this point, this doesn't sound like a good situation regardless.

Who knows what this guy is capable of. Honestly, since you seem afraid that he'll blow up if you discuss the overnight issue again it seems like you already have a read on him that he is dangerous??

ETA I see that you were responding while I was typing a few of my questions....Nov. date unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 01:21 PM

379 posts, read 340,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree.

Since you don't think she is going to abide by the 7 day rule, ....although you didn't say what she agreed to even though you've discussed it.....I'd tell her she is going to be forking over 2/3 rent.....because she needs to pay for her and her additional roommate.

Don't let them take advantage of you this is just wrong. The only way that I'd let this slide is if you were going to be out by Nov 1....otherwise put your foot down.

Question....Does she have any idea that you are moving? Did you tell her that this situation is the reason you'll be moving. She might rethink this if she knows that.

I'm for whatever works at this point, this doesn't sound like a good situation regardless.

Who knows what this guy is capable of. Honestly, since you seem afraid that he'll blow up if you discuss the overnight issue again it seems like you already have a read on him that he is dangerous??

ETA I see that you were responding while I was typing a few of my questions....Nov. date unlikely.
I'm not scared of him physically. He seems like a jerk and at the very best is just inconsiderate, so I wouldn't put it past him to mess with my stuff or just be really loud and obnoxious when he knows I'm home.

She hasn't agreed to anything, it's just that she's aware it's not permissible. I haven't told her I'm moving out because I don't want the landlord to know until I have a place secured pending credit and background check, when he would be contacted to confirm timely rent payment. It's very difficult to find anything here right now, regardless of willingness to pay. I haven't ruled out having to spend as many as 6 more weeks here, though I will try hard to avoid it.

I actually feel better now because I've 100% decided to move out- earlier I was thinking I would try to stick it out and visualizing how miserable it might be. It just isn't worth the considerable financial boon to deal with it.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,142,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Just wondering... Does she do laundry for a job? How is it possible that one person generates enough dirty clothes to be doing laundry for 7 nights and hours at a time? Other than that, I wouldn't want to have to deal with someone staying over night after night. Maybe time to find a new place.
Thats what I was wondering! I have 2 teenagers, a disabled 12 year old & a husband that works 2 dirty (welding) jobs & thats how much laundry I do!

Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,288,535 times
Thanks for the response. I hope that you find a decent place soon. Good luck to you.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:50 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,014,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
Yep, that's the problem- we've already talked about it, and it made things weird, further discussion is going to make it blow up and then even if he abides by the 7 days he'll go out of his way to be even louder. I do have a bunch of apartments I'm looking at, hopefully one of them will come through. It's going to be a financial hardship, but even if I had to get a second job on the weekends it'd be better than this.
Are you looking at studios only?I would think that most of those are not that expensive to live in but it depends on the area though.I hope you get something soon and never have to live with others again.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:53 PM

11,581 posts, read 6,770,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
He's probably in a half way house.
He's probably married!

Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
He's probably married!
He does have kids but don't think he's married- who knows though. I'm very curious what his living situation is because you would think almost any place would be preferable than somewhere with two roommates.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Are you looking at studios only?I would think that most of those are not that expensive to live in but it depends on the area though.I hope you get something soon and never have to live with others again.
I'm looking at studio and 1BR. Rent for many apartments in this area is up 150% in the past 3 years.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Thanks for the response. I hope that you find a decent place soon. Good luck to you.
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2016, 02:47 AM

997 posts, read 941,743 times
I swore off roommates many years ago. There were too many problems.

I don't think he will be around for that long. They just met and they will probably part soon but she has demonstrated that she isn't considerate.

Honestly, I think people should be allowed to have relationships if they have roommates but they should be discrete and stay out of your way at the very least. There should be conjugal visits but not every day. Twice a week is all that is required. Work it out somehow, but you can't always choose your roommates friends and monitor their behavior. That is why roommates are a problem.

You are being mature and reasonable about the situation. You can't bend people to your will and make them behave the way you want them to. If you aren't getting along in a domestic situation, then somebody has to go. You are taking the initiative and that is very wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships