Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Guess it happens a lot.
I think it does happen a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,861,348 times
JMHO, but I think you should go. I recently reconnected with a college friend who came into town for work. I've only seen her like twice in the past 15 years or so. We're friends on social media, but haven't had "real" conversations in years. After 3 hours with her, I understand. She's been going through hell with a nasty divorce, estrangement from her parents and siblings, and now her teenage daughter turning against her and failing out of school. I had no idea any of this was going on and felt awful for not being a better correspondent over the years. Reconnecting felt great and it was as if no time had really passed.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:07 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,195,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
It's weird how some people just get flaky for no reason. That being said, I wouldn't decline the invitation.
People don't get "flaky" for no reason. There's always a reason. You may never know what the reason is, or you may disagree with it, but there is always a reason (in their mind anyway).

Many people really can't do confrontation at all, or respond to confrontation. Sometimes you just have to let it be and move on. Cest la vie.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 926MPV View Post
Texting and email have been around for 18 years at the most. So three phone calls in 17 years. You remind me of my inlaws who have driven away all of their friends and most of their family by being so self centered.

That's what it sounds like to me as well. The OP scoffed at the idea of actually picking up the phone as if it was a burden to do so.

The long emails and the quick asking about them are a big clue.

The thing is people like this never get it, like your in-laws, everyone vanishes and they never even think "could it be us", of course not.....LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships