Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 08:00 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,015,803 times

Advertisements

Using a washer & dryer at a relatives house is not a big deal.
Actually a good host usually offers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 08:14 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,325,212 times
She is tired of hosting him. He needs to stop being such a PITA

Old 04-23-2017, 08:24 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,788,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
............ And, the people who took home their dirty clothes and washed them at their own home thought people who wasted their last day of vacation doing laundry were crazy.

get this ive got a friend who comes down and stays a week with his inlaws. in that week he goes shopping at bealls at least 2 -3 times waits to get here to buy clothes

Old 04-23-2017, 09:26 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,015,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
She is tired of hosting him. He needs to stop being such a PITA
I didn't see much that he is doing to be a PITA.
Asking to use a washing machine isn't really rude.

Last edited by kelly237; 04-23-2017 at 09:40 PM..

Old 04-23-2017, 09:44 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,416 times
I like clean clothes in my luggage but they just get wrinkled and I end up washing them again! What a waste of water...

Old 04-23-2017, 09:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
Well I guess I'm in the minority. I still think it's odd. I usually have to do it because he doesn't have the same machines as we do. I start it and then put them in the dryer. He folds them. I never say anything or give off the impression that I don't want to do it. It just irks me I guess.

Probably stems from the time we went to visit them (a planned visit) and there was literally NO FOOD or beverages in the house. In the frig. there were the usual condiments but no food. We were travelling with our young daughter at the time (12) and so we went to the store and bought food/drinks. We were also expected to treat everyone out to lunch/dinner since the wife doesn't cook. When word got out to the family that we were going to brunch, 15 people were going to come expecting us to foot the bill. When we said it was going to have to be dutch (everyone pays for themselves), all of sudden it was suggested going over to another relatives house and she was cooking breakfast! So I think for me it's kind of like he's just cheap.
Ok.
So the REAL problem comes out.

As to the first question which really wasn't the question (as we found out later), I would love my guests to feel free to use the laundry machines.

Mi casa es su casa.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:20 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I've done laundry at my sister's when visiting, and some of the 8 family members we had did laundry before leaving.

This is pretty normal (in my experience). Though we do our own, the hostess ain't do'in nuttin.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2017, 12:19 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times
I dont visit and stay with anyone and never will.... I was invited to a friends house some years ago.. they had an extra room but we stayed in a hotel near their house for three days and met up in the evenings.. theres nothing worse than putting others under pressure or being in the way...well its how I feel, and familiarity does breed contempt... were all different in the mornings and with our habits, so if we want to keep and stay friends its easier to get a hotel room.. haha. I like my space.. my time to get up. to have a shower.. and dont want to wait in a queue or feel I have to rush so that others can get in the loo.... no not for me.. I like my own private piece of property..whether it costs or not..

Old 04-24-2017, 12:29 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you doing his laundry, or is he doing it himself? Sometimes if I'm staying with family I ask to do a load of laundry before I leave so I don't have to take a bag of dirty clothes home.

If it bugs you that much you can always tell him no.
I also wash my clothes before leaving family's house. I don't want to pack and carry dirty clothes.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:39 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I would never wash my clothes at a friends home where I am a guest.

What is wrong with putting your dirty clothes in a trash bag and washing them when you get home?
Dirty clothes are yucky. And they just get more yucky with time, crammed together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships