Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:03 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,071,989 times

Advertisements

Some take the social mores of a hundred years ago seriously. Some don't. People should make up their own minds and act accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 02:20 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
They invite you because you are hot ! No other reason. Men seem to be all smiles, but believe me, they are checking you out behind your back.

Why are they not bringing their wives? Cause the wife aint having it!

Dont be naive. Opposite sex may be friends at work, friends at the gym, but someone is looking to get lucky. Let your guard down, inebreated, and wake up to a bunch of half naked men in a room.

The little sister, with the big brothers, are these guys in LE by any chance?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
They invite you because you are hot ! No other reason. Men seem to be all smiles, but believe me, they are checking you out behind your back.

Why are they not bringing their wives? Cause the wife aint having it!

Dont be naive. Opposite sex may be friends at work, friends at the gym, but someone is looking to get lucky. Let your guard down, inebreated, and wake up to a bunch of half naked men in a room.

The little sister, with the big brothers, are these guys in LE by any chance?
And the wives have no idea that their husbands are hanging out with the OP. And I can guarantee they wouldn't like it one bit.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
You can do whatever you want, of course. I'd be wary of the married thing with those men, but if you are not going home with them, you aren't doing anything terribly wrong.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:16 PM

741 posts, read 590,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thAndK View Post
Some take the social mores of a hundred years ago seriously. Some don't. People should make up their own minds and act accordingly.
These social mores keep being repeated by many posters on multiple threads, so I'd say they're pretty current.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:37 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
I always go back to what Billy Crystal said in When Harry met Sally, "Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her." I know some will vehemently argue the point but it is true. It's ok if you want to go out with "the guys, just know what they're thinking.
You do know a woman wrote "When Harry Met Sally", right (Nora Ephron)?
She threw in a little bit of a sexist jab into it, correct?

Last edited by Jowel; 08-16-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-16-2017, 04:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Be careful. You could get comfortable going out drinking with them and sooner or later, you wake up naked with evidence that numerous men have "been with you" during your drunken state. Meanwhile, you're trying to piece together how things led to that and denying that you gave consent. This has happened more times than I care to hear about to numerous girls/women who've gone out drinking with a group of men/males by herself.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,986 times
Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad idea. And I think you know it, too -- that's why you're asking.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:14 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
You do know a woman wrote "When Harry Met Sally", right (Nora Ephron)?
She threw in a little bit of a sexist jab into it, correct?
Doesn't matter who wrote it, it's still true.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Doesn't matter who wrote it, it's still true.
Not if he is gay, or has a low sex drive, or can do a good job of "compartmentalizing" his relationships into plutonic vs. not (men can be very good compartmentalizers). And besides, the quote is often true of women, too. They just do a better job of keeping it on the down-low and not admitting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships