Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:18 AM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Is this the brother who turned around and walked out of your house that time when he came to visit because it smelled like cat?
That's him. He might have at least been diplomatic about it, considering the time I took to prep the spare apartment for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It costs extra and takes extra time to check a bag. Clothes for a 2 day trip should fit in a carry on.
Well since I have to go to the counter anyhow for my tickets, the extra time is a moot point.

As it is, the formal clothes which I am taking, whether they fit or not, require the checked bag. If it wasn't for that, sure, it could be clothes in an overnight bag (camera concerns aside or solved).......but now trip requirements have called for other things.

I'm up, I'm packing, and hopefully, you won't hear from till Monday morning.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:43 AM

51,189 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
So you think the OP's family is going to a prom or HS home coming dance?
I do not know as OP has not clarified. In her first post however she begins with Thanksgiving this year is also coinciding with Homecoming. Maybe there are younger siblings or relative who is homecoming queen at her Universiry , maybe they're a family of alumni who attend college events, maybe it's nothing to do with that again I don't know and it actually doesn't matter, but it's clearly not just one night or just a Thanksgiving dinner because she specified that they told her the last dinner (meaning to me one of several over the visit) would be formal. Maybe they are celebrating something else that last night, again OP hasn't clarified.

. And again all they did is let her know, nowhere did OP say they told her she has to be dressed just that everyone else would be for that one night so she might want to as well. I don't see the reason for outrage like some here seem to. To me it's way worse if you let a relative that you know wouldn't normally bring a dressy outfit fly out there then announce the last dinner is at some ritzy place. It seems normal to me to let people know and I'm sure she wasn't singled out.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:47 AM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homecoming

It just doesn't mean football.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:43 AM

16,441 posts, read 12,604,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Fourth, "nice" clothes?? Heck, I have a pair of Italian shoes that probably cost more then your monthly salary.. I even have jeans that you probably can't afford... Whether I have what you consider "nice" clothes is neither here nor there....
Going for that “most obnoxious reply ever” award, I see?

Have a Snickers.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:55 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,047,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
First, I am NOT being difficult.. If you think so then you are juvenile...

Second, whether the OP is being difficult or not is not your concern...

Third, Marshall's is a joke....

Fourth, "nice" clothes?? Heck, I have a pair of Italian shoes that probably cost more then your monthly salary.. I even have jeans that you probably can't afford... Whether I have what you consider "nice" clothes is neither here nor there....

Fifth, so I am NOT a decent adult?? Depends on what you call decent, BUT I probably am quite a bit more decent than you think....

Maybe you should start a class for people who can barely make ends meet and school them on what type of wardrobe they NEED to have to be "decent".. Oh yeah and be sure and tell them they have no excuse NOT to have them even if they have to forgo eating a couple of times to buy the "cheap" clothes...
I’m talking about OP, I have no idea about your life nor do I care to know.

All you are doing is making excuses for people who own no nice clothes when there are no excuses because it is easy and can be cheap to buy them.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:02 AM

51,189 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Xalright so why don't you simply clarify the events? Some here are going by it's just Thanksgiving dinner at the family home and others (me) are interpreting it as several events/dinners, one of which is a formal setting?

It seems like you're being deliberately vague.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:48 AM

8,002 posts, read 12,309,709 times
When over two pages of posts need to be deleted due to threads veering off topic, that = thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships