Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 02:42 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,419,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Can I have a "Leatherman" tool?
NO, you cannot.

For what use do you need your Leatherman? The things people bring with them

Old 11-22-2017, 02:45 PM

2,458 posts, read 3,233,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
NO, you cannot.
the OP was referencing her checked baggage, which a leatherman would be just fine.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:22 PM

981 posts, read 904,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Actually, that is exactly what happened. Last Spring, my camera at the time got washed out in a rain storm so I bought a new one that week. It was delivered with its short range lens. My old camera, however, started working again before the next weekend, so it was brought back in service.

Now the old camera has started failing, two weeks ago on a camping trip, so I brought the new one on line.

Thank you, Amazon Prime!

Yes....because I have a hiker's mentality.

In theory, possibly but in reality, no. I haven't used an iron in over 27 years. Rather gave up on those when I left the service.

Long story short, to me, clothes should be more functional than beautiful.
Just be honest with yourself, the truth is not that you do not have the time or the money, it is simply that you do not want to comply with the request. It would not matter if he told you a month ago. That you would not even iron clothes you have proof of that. And I would bet that your brother was not ever expecting you to buy any kind of dressier wear, probably just hoping you would show up looking neat. It is pretty clear from your responses that you do not want to make any effort here. All of us on C-D could chip in and have an outfit overnighted to you and I am sure there would be a reason not to wear it. And that is absolutely fine, in the scheme of life this is not a big deal, just not sure what you are looking for wrt an answer when you already had your mind made up.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:49 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,419,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Just be honest with yourself, the truth is not that you do not have the time or the money, it is simply that you do not want to comply with the request. It would not matter if he told you a month ago. That you would not even iron clothes you have proof of that. And I would bet that your brother was not ever expecting you to buy any kind of dressier wear, probably just hoping you would show up looking neat. It is pretty clear from your responses that you do not want to make any effort here. All of us on C-D could chip in and have an outfit overnighted to you and I am sure there would be a reason not to wear it. And that is absolutely fine, in the scheme of life this is not a big deal, just not sure what you are looking for wrt an answer when you already had your mind made up.
Excellent response. You summed it up perfectly.

Last edited by GiGi603; 11-22-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 04:49 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,147,381 times
"Of course I am going unarmed (another reason for the check bag is that I may need at least an "Ironman" mini tool, maybe, that is under research)..........................so should I put my CHL in my checked luggage, have it completely off my person?"

Are you saying you are planning to bring a concealed carry gun with you? If so and assuming both where you are leaving from and where you are going that your concealed carry permit is good in both places, then you need to get there maybe even earlier and you have to declare said weapon as soon as you arrive at the airport, there is then a separate place where you declare and turn over the weapon filling out appropriate forms and showing your permit. The weapon must be in an approved case and locked.
You will then pick it up in a special area when you land, it won't be coming on the carrocle with the luggage. As for your license, you need to check with someone in authority if it is ok or not.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:57 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,411,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
You can get a sweater tunic and black straight legged or skinny leggings at WalMart for about $30...you can smush that stuff up all you want in a duffel bag

why is this 20+ pages long lol
Because people are stunned by the inability or unwillingness of the OP to solve a simple problem.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,081,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If you have Amazon Prime, then all the excuses about living too far from civilization to buy clothing are null and void.
Since the "formal" dinner isn't until the last night, she could have even had it shipped to her brother's to be sure it made it on time.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:47 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,870,658 times
I love the responses of people telling the OP to pick up cheap clothes just to fit in for some cornball dinner with family. Some of us have family that are all dead, no one to share the holidays with, etc... it's shocking to see that there really are people that truly give a crap about what people wear to dinner for something that is supposed to just be a gathering of a gaggle of random family members anyway. newsflash, not everyone follows the same lifestyle and has the same lifestyle budget. Just do what you have to do, OP, and I would LOVE to have people like spend thanksgiving with me even if it meant just you in some dirty old sweatpants or a smock. We humans only get to live about 70-80 years or so, those freaking out about such trite crap aren't worth it. <3

We're ALL bad people, if we want to believe it or not is up to your own morals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfmM06pVUw

Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,870,658 times
Just tax the stupid people

Old 11-22-2017, 06:29 PM

88,867 posts, read 85,323,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
You can get a sweater tunic and black straight legged or skinny leggings at WalMart for about $30...you can smush that stuff up all you want in a duffel bag

why is this 20+ pages long lol
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships