Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 01:07 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Why did she have a red nose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She probably stole that, too. From Rudolph.
You two are cracking me up.

I am wondering what the nose has to do with it. My nose is red, or so most people say. Does that make me crazy? Are people with red noses to be avoided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 01:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker23 View Post
I was fueling up my car around midnight last night, when I was approached by a woman with a red nose. She had seen the scrubs I was wearing, and she struck up a conversation about a care home she hoped to open, various past medical places she’d been employed, a motorcycle accident that left her mentally impaired, etc. She offered me a part time job at the home she was planning to open, said she might need physical help too (I kinda paused like ...where is this convo going, and I think she smiled a bit, but it was because, she said...) since she couldn’t climb a ladder, and said she’d give me her number. I pulled out a pen and paper to write it down, whereupon she asked where my phone was, and I said it was in the car. She was like “you don’t even want to open the door?” (“with me nearby”) and turned around and walked off.

She then started talking to another driver, who, after chatting with her a few minutes, sped off quickly out of the station.

She seemed a little different but not much, but if she had had a head injury, it’s to be expected...plus she did know a number of medically related institutions and local drug companies and their histories. I thought we were getting along well till I opted for pen and paper.

If she was shady, what was her game? She was a mid 40s, normal sized woman...didn’t seem to be inclined to violence. Maybe she wasn’t shady but was drunk and got offended that I took precautions of using pen and paper, and simply spoke her mind more openly?
Maybe she was an older hooker-druggie looking for some cash? Sure sounds like a weirdo to me.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:11 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
I got it!

Halloween !

She with the red nose.

You in scrubs.

Great costumes.

Perfect night for strange strangers to meet.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:51 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times

OP, there is a huge difference between trusting strangers and using good judgement with strangers. You did not use ANY good judgement at all in either situation with the two people who approached you at that gas station. You are just lucky that no harm came to you on either occasion, that you didn't get robbed, or have your car hijacked, or get beaten up and raped and that you're still alive and able to tell about it.

You were not being rude, you were being far too trusting, friendly, naive and encouraging of their attention without any regard for your own safety. Are you really that desperate for attention and friendship that you would potentially put your life in the hands of complete strangers who are lurking around gas stations late at night? Didn't your parents teach you about "stranger danger"?

That kind of foolish trust makes you an easy, gullible mark as a victim of any opportunistic stranger with a sad "come on" story who means to take advantage of you. I was stunned to learn about you picking up the strange man and driving him around town at your own peril. What in all the gods names were you thinking of? You need to smarten up about your own preservation and find a safe balance between being trusting and being cautious about the strangers that approach you. It's not normal or safe to trust anybody that you aren't familiar with and don't know very well. Trust has to be earned over plenty of time and personal association and good fellowship.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:53 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,476,032 times
Was the red nose like this?
https://rednoseday.org/what-is-red-nose-day

Old 11-13-2019, 02:56 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
I don't trust anyone at a gas station at midnight.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:02 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Perfectly sane upstanding people can have red noses. Ever heard of rosacea? That being said, those same people probably aren't recruiting future employees in gas stations at midnight.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You two are cracking me up.

I am wondering what the nose has to do with it. My nose is red, or so most people say. Does that make me crazy? Are people with red noses to be avoided?

we call this a "Schnaps Nose" in Germany.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:43 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
At the risk of sounding rude why even worry about it? She was an obvious nutcase and her conversation revealed it a few sentences in. I encounter mildly insane women a few times a month randomly in the streets. Nothing memorable about them.

She must've been cute, eh?

Old 11-13-2019, 03:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
All I know is that you sound a lot like me. Don't know if the medical profession has anything to do with it but I am an RN.

I seem to attract people who want to tell me their entire life's story while in a checkout line, parking lot, gas station, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships