Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times

Advertisements

I decided to go to HR. I received a good response and think it will be handled. We will see. We don't have a big HR department so it was just a 5 minute conversation. I decided that was an alternative to giving her more ammo by directly confronting her. HR person said it is unacceptable and won't be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 02:11 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,968 times
Just smile. And someone else said it...kill her with kindness. That gets under their skin knowing that you can't be bothered by her actions.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:33 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
To respond to the first questions in bold: Yes, yes, and not really other than time working here.

Agree, management does let her get away with it. Thats exactly it.

She does suck the life out of me! I spend way too much time thinking about how pissed off I am at her when I'm not at work. My attitude this week (I already can tell) is 100 times better without her sucking the energy away. Another co-worker expressed similar feelings this morning.

Very insightful response, than you so much.

For some reason though these toxic employees always seem to be kept on to continue abusing and harassing other coworkers, even when management claims to be “aware” of it. Often the victims of these misfits end up getting fired when they point things out. I think sometimes these people have an in or have something on the top management, and they’re just allowed to stay until they quit.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
I decided to go to HR. I received a good response and think it will be handled. We will see. We don't have a big HR department so it was just a 5 minute conversation. I decided that was an alternative to giving her more ammo by directly confronting her. HR person said it is unacceptable and won't be tolerated.
LOL - famous last words.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:01 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
For some reason though these toxic employees always seem to be kept on to continue abusing and harassing other coworkers, even when management claims to be “aware” of it. Often the victims of these misfits end up getting fired when they point things out. I think sometimes these people have an in or have something on the top management, and they’re just allowed to stay until they quit.
I had a co-worker like that. She was so hard on other staff & her underlings that there was a designated "crying area" in our building where people could go to cry in private. One year she went through something like 15 assistants. Some quit after only a day or two and others managed to last two or three weeks with her.

She worked there for almost 40 years.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:38 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,586,201 times
Sounds like she she is trying an angle at keeping her job secure. Good thing you're a nice person to other co-workers.

This makes makes me feel a lot better that I don't have a co-worker reporting to my boss.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:57 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Sounds like she she is trying an angle at keeping her job secure. Good thing you're a nice person to other co-workers.

This makes makes me feel a lot better that I don't have a co-worker reporting to my boss.
Right? I'm easy to get along with, so nobody else has an issue with me out of a company of 35 people. Its completely her and her bitterness and hatred of men.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:28 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,549,432 times
I dealt with this once. I think documenting the incidents is the best approach.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:01 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I've seen this too. Sometimes I think it's a game of who's less likely to file a lawsuit. Trouble makers tend to make trouble, you know.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:46 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,927,256 times
Quote:
Thats exactly what I'm leaning towards. On the other hand, I want to send her a message she can't screw with me. In other words, I'm not a pushover who will be bullied.
It's your ego at work, wanting to assert yourself. Keeping your head down and staying in your lane are far more admirable qualities than making sure she knows you are not a pushover. Doing these two things puts your maturity level higher than hers. You shouldn't give a rat's a$$ what she thinks, right? Dont take the bait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships