Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:58 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, I was told so, but today is my first day back since they addressed it.

I hope so too, but nothing would surprise me with this company. Time will tell I guess.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully this co-worker's nonsense will finally stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 03:29 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Just do your job and ignore her. She is probably going to retire in a few years anyway. Not worth the effort to tangle with her.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:34 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Just do your job and ignore her. She is probably going to retire in a few years anyway. Not worth the effort to tangle with her.
Thats what I do. But her undermining me to make me look bad is why I reported her. Not jeopardizing my job over a witch.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:34 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
I never have either, so I agree. It may go nowhere, but I've been directly told it is being dealt with and there was a meeting about it. I won't know until Monday.
Quote:
Update: Its supposedly being dealt with today. We will see...
Quote:
Yes, I was told so, but today is my first day back since they addressed it.

I hope so too, but nothing would surprise me with this company. Time will tell I guess.
Soooo.... This is going on since the a while now. Did they actually address it? So far it all seems like empty promises to you and pushing it from one week to the next.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Soooo.... This is going on since the a while now. Did they actually address it? So far it all seems like empty promises to you and pushing it from one week to the next.
They addressed it, but I don't know details. What I'd really like to know is if it was actually documented. Management is pretty useless, so I highly doubt it. I don't think she knows I was the one who went to HR, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. On the one hand, it would show her I'm not going to put up with it, but on the other hand she's been here forever and they will never fire her, so it could make things worse. I just don't know...

Old 01-03-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
They addressed it, but I don't know details. What I'd really like to know is if it was actually documented. Management is pretty useless, so I highly doubt it. I don't think she knows I was the one who went to HR, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. On the one hand, it would show her I'm not going to put up with it, but on the other hand she's been here forever and they will never fire her, so it could make things worse. I just don't know...
Does she behave any differently overall?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Does she behave any differently overall?
Nope, ignoring me as usual. Thats fine, but again, just don't want her throwing me under the bus. She's not a team player, but they told her to be a team player. I haven't had to deal with her yet, and only do when I have to for a client.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I am afraid than this will be your answer . Nothing will really happen.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:28 AM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
Quote:
Nope, ignoring me as usual. Thats fine, but again, just don't want her throwing me under the bus. She's not a team player, but they told her to be a team player. I haven't had to deal with her yet, and only do when I have to for a client.
So that was the action they took?

Be civil and pleasant when you do have to interact and continue ignoring her otherwise. Continue to be excellent in your work and focus on that.

You've put the company on notice to the behaviors of Ms. Toxic, so if they choose to believe this under-the-bus-throwing coworker, that's on them.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
So that was the action they took?

Be civil and pleasant when you do have to interact and continue ignoring her otherwise. Continue to be excellent in your work and focus on that.

You've put the company on notice to the behaviors of Ms. Toxic, so if they choose to believe this under-the-bus-throwing coworker, that's on them.
Employees don't put companies on notice, particularly when they're registering complaints about people the company would never fire because they've been there so long.

What usually happens is the complainant puts a target on his back and things go bad from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships