Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 08:33 PM

173 posts, read 111,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
while his girlfriend always annoys me I am nothing but nice, civil towards her. I just don't pretend that our relationship is more than it is, which she loves to do. My dad while he disappoints me in so many ways,.
Your father reminds me of our potus, and I only wish for you he is as rich.
As for her, if she is in her 50es, then she reminds me of another woman I know,
so keep your civil distance with her for your own good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 10:53 PM

908 posts, read 961,689 times
No matter what the relationship, 4 get togethers within 1 week is way too much. I'd choose one and go to that.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:09 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
On top of that she is buying me an Xmas gift. I am choosing not to buy her one. We have told her not to buy us gifts. Us siblings, we don't even buy each other gifts.
I don't think I am being rude by rejecting her dinner nor not buying her a gift in return?
Buy her a box of Russel Stover chocolates from Walgreens. It's the worst brand of chocolate and tastes like crap, so that's what I buy for people when I'm forced to get them a gift but would rather not deal with them in general.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:05 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Buy her a box of Russel Stover chocolates from Walgreens. It's the worst brand of chocolate and tastes like crap, so that's what I buy for people when I'm forced to get them a gift but would rather not deal with them in general.
Really mature of you. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:34 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I don't think Russell Stover is bad at all. My mom bought a box of Whitman's Sampler from Russell Stover every Christmas and I continue the tradition. It's actually very good.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:59 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
I haven't had a box of Russell Stover in a long time. However their individual wrapped eggs at Easter are fantastic.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:26 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Chocolates do make things better. My advise OP - bring chocolates. Or send chocolates if you don’t want to visit. Also include a nice note.
Do what you want to do- just be kind (and write that note!).

Old 12-28-2019, 10:57 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,645 times
So it was yesterday and I didn't go. Basically it turned into a **** show.

My older sister who originally wasn't going to go only went for 30 minutes. In those 30 minutes my dad's girlfriend's daughter, the recovering addict (who did show up too but wasn't going to originally), was very rude to my sister, and my sister confronted her. Basically my sister walked in with my niece and my dad's GF's daughter ignored my sister completely, rolling her eyes at my sister when my sister said hello to her as she walked in the house. It turned into an argument between my dad's GF and her daughter who eventually apologized to my sister for being "rude".

But then, my father confronted my other siblings who are younger than me, because they have been extremely selfish lately, and were not partaking in the family activities, and doing their own thing in the house, and my dad, because he lacks common sense and objectivity, essentially got real nasty towards them and made my youngest sister cry and pissed off my younger brother. He basically told them "If they don't give a **** anymore, he won't give a **** about them anymore" were his words (as my sister retold it to me). It blew up and turned into a big argument. Everyone was bitter, because no one actually wanted to be there, but felt obligated to so everyone had a bad attitude.

This all happened within 30 minutes. My sister upon experiencing this left right away because she didn't want to deal with it. She called me and told me "What was the point of that dinner?!".

Now because of the fighting at that dinner, we have to have a family meeting next week with my dad and my four other siblings to discuss what went down. I am not sure why I have to go since I wasn't involved, haha. I was the only sibling that didn't go. On top of that my dad's GF want's to join us for that meeting too. I told me dad she better not.

Thank God I didn't go, because it seemed like a crapshoot. I don't have time for that crap. Had dinner with a friend and enjoyed my night thoroughly.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:02 AM

7,138 posts, read 4,546,769 times
I feel sorry for you guys.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post

I feel sorry for you guys.
I know. So many problems ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships